The McKinney Convention & Visitors Bureau suggests a plethora of local activities in McKinney this Valentines Day Weekend:
Taming of the Shrew (All Weekend): Enjoy Shakespeare’s classic comedy about the battle of the sexes, set in the American west of the 1880s and performed by the McKinney Young Actors Guild. Showtimes are Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. andSaturday and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. At the McKinney Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $12 and $8, and are available HERE.
Third Monday Trade Days (All Weekend): Take time to visit with the collectors and antique dealers, and meet the artists and craftsmen who create one-of-a kind treasures. Whether you’re searching for the latest trends in home décor, fashion and accessories or a unique gift for someone special, Third Monday is the place to be. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Admission is free; parking is $5 per car on Saturday and Sunday before 3 p.m.
- Old Red Lumberyard (ORLY), 600 E. Louisiana, Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Fringe, The Event, 601 E. Louisiana, Thursday, 6-9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Dumpster Diva, 401 E. Virginia, Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Rug Trunk Show (Thursday): Trunk Show featuring Oushak Rugs from Turkey. Hundreds of rugs, all sizes and all price, all handmade. Authentic and antique reproductions (most with faded patterns and bleached colors). Gather at Patina Green to enjoy appetizers from their m Market and wine from local merchant. 116 N. Tennessee;4-8 p.m.
Art Gallery Exhibits:
- Garret Art Gallery: Local artists’ work is featured. (Pictured at top: “Ainu Indian, Smoking Volcano” by Ken Toki); 111 E. Virginia.
- Orisons Art & Framing: Colin Kimball presents of “Presidents and Patriots.” 110 E. Louisiana.
- Imaging on the Square: Local artists.109 S. Tennessee.
Spoons Cafe: Sons of Fathers (Thur.); 121 North (Fri.); Katie Lamb (Sat.); Ladies Song Swap (Sun.)