Submitted by Volunteer McKinney
If you still want to be a part of McKinney Make a Difference Day on October 27, it’s not too late. Below is
a list of agencies that are still seeking participants and their projects for that day:
• Habitat for Humanity: Make much-needed repairs to a handicapped McKinney resident’s home,
• CCART: Vans that provide transportation to those unable to drive need to be thoroughly cleaned,
• Mothers Against Drunk Driving: Take flyers to offices and public locations to publicize free victim
• Especially Needed: Assist with activities at the Fall Carnival for 350 special needs families at the Ballfields at Craig Ranch
• Storm Water Inlet Marking: Mark storm water inlets and distribute door hangers encouraging residents to prevent storm water pollution
• Children and Community Health Center: Clean and organize a storage room for medical supplies, toys, books, and office equipment
• Cornerstone Ranch: Clear the sunflower field and build raised garden boxes so special needs adults can raise produce to sell at McKinney’s Farmers Market
• Embrace: Assemble basic household items to make “first apartment kits” for young adults aging-out of foster care.
• Remember, volunteering on the morning of October 27 can make a huge difference in our community. On the main page of the web site, click on “Make a Difference” for details of each project and to register.
If you want to volunteer on a regular basis, Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary has several opportunities including Animal Exhibit Assistant to encourage visitors to restore and conserve the earth’s ecosystem, Trail Guides that lead nature hikes in the wildlife sanctuary; Observation Station offers a question-and-answer spot on Saturday and Sunday afternoons where youth collectors can bring all types of science and natural items; Museum Nature Store volunteers greet guests, assist with gift sales, pass out information, answer the phone, and organize the store. For more information on any of these opportunities, use Keywords, “Heard Museum” on the Opportunities page.
For more volunteer opportunities go to our website at volunteermckinney.org or contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 972-542-0679.