As part of the ongoing TxDOT project to widen U.S. 75 from the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SRT) to White Avenue in McKinney, TxDOT has informed the City of the following closures on Thursday night,Dec. 19, and Friday night, Dec. 20:
U.S. 75 Northbound and Southbound Frontage Roads from the SRT to White Avenue
Various lanes closed and various rolling closures from 9 pm to 6 am
Various lanes will be closed and various rolling closures will occur overnight on Thursday night, December 19, and again on Friday night,December 20, 2013, to allow traffic to be switched to new pavement at several locations, including:
- the reopening of the Eldorado Parkway off-ramp from the SRT direct connect ramp,
- the northbound frontage road in front of the movie theatre,
- the northbound frontage road at Virginia Parkway,
- the northbound frontage road in front of the post office,
- the northbound frontage road at White Avenue, and
- the southbound frontage road south of Eldorado Parkway.
Some delays are anticipated. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes, if possible.
As a reminder, this TxDOT construction project to widen U.S. 75 to four main lanes in each direction and three frontage road lanes in each direction will provide much needed extra capacity through McKinney. The project is anticipated to be complete in 2015.