Weather permitting, TxDOT will complete the construction of the new Eldorado Parkway Interchange this week.
- As of Monday, Aug. 10, no left turns can be made from Eldorado Parkway on the Eldorado bridge over U.S. 75 to allow TxDOT to install new curbs and new signal poles on the bridge. During this time, detours will be via Medical Center Drive and Craig Drive.
- Starting at approximately 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 11, the Eldorado bridge will be completely closed to allow TxDOT to install new pavement markings. During this time, drivers can cross U.S. 75 at Virginia Parkway and at the Sam Rayburn Tollway.
- The new interchange is anticipated to be open by Wednesday, Aug. 12.
- The U.S. 75 main lanes and frontage roads are expected to remain open throughout this time. Also, drivers will be able to make u-turns and right turns at Eldorado throughout this transition. See the change in the video to the right
When complete, the new intersection will be what’s called a Single Point Urban Interchange (SPUI). The name refers to the fact that all traffic turning left to/from U.S. 75 will be controlled from a single set of traffic signals located directly atop the bridge. This allows left-turning vehicles to turn simultaneously without crossing.
There will be three different traffic cycles:
- The first is for Eldorado Parkway through traffic that is not turning.
- The second is for traffic turning left from U.S. 75 onto Eldorado Parkway.
- The third is for traffic turning left from Eldorado Parkway onto U.S. 75.
TxDOT Press Release
Video by McKinney Vision