What better way to ring in the New Year with films ….well, about New Year’s! Yes, there are some out there! Here are my top picks, so before you go off to parties or if you happen to be in between The Twilight Zone marathons, check these out.
1. When Harry Met Sally– Classic love story with a lovely scene surrounding the romance of a new year. Plus the infamous and hilarious diner scene!
2. Bridget Jones Diary– Based on the wonderfully modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice, Bridget Jones shows all of us the ups and downs of making certain New Year’s resolutions.
3. About A Boy– An odd feel-good movie where true love is realized at a New Year’s Eve party. Full of laughs and maybe even a few tears along the way, but an overall great film.
4. 200 Cigarettes- A group of 20-somethings wandering around the city looking for a plethora of basic emotional needs sets the tone for this slightly dark yet comical film….
5. New Year’s Eve- A star studded group of actors playing people of all age ranges wander around New York city looking for a pleth…..you know, this film is what 200 Cigarettes tried to be. And you’ll have better luck finding this one.
Whether you’ll be recuperating from an eventful evening or simply still awake from one,have fun watching these films. Please remember to drive safe and have a Happy New Year!