The holiday season can be tricky for films, with big blockbuster marketed to people on vacation or on break from school virtually dominating the cinemas, films about the holidays sometimes fall flat.
Hopefully you saw our Top-5 Best Holiday Films. If you didn’t please click here and enjoy.
But here are my top-5 worst holiday films. Let me know below in our comments section what makes your worst holiday movie list!
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2005) – Amazing makeup and costuming. With weird added plot lines and an oddly, though not surprising inappropriate version with Jim Carey, this films stinks.
- Four Christmases (2008) – An awkward film with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon that makes you wish they had skipped Christmas all together.
- Eight Crazy Nights (2002) — A grotesquely over-the-top animated movie musical by Adam Sandler that takes a dark turn dealing with alcoholism and depression. This film was doomed from the start.
- Miracle on 34th Street (1947) — Some of you might be mad that I put this film on here but hear me out. This is an overrated “classic” that lacks the emotional substance that It’s a Wonderful Life had, it’s a shallow story and ultimately puts me to sleep.
- A Christmas Carol 3D (2009) – Jim Carey really should just stay away from Holiday films. This classic story of changing behaviors was polluted with too much 3D and a poor accent on Carey’s part. Dickens was surely rolling in his grave shouting “Bah-Humbug!” at this worthless remake.
Deck the Halls (2006)
Fred Claus (2007)
Jingle All the Way (1996)
Rudolph’s Shiny New Year (1976)
The Santa Claus 3: The Escape Clause (2006)
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)