By Catherine Festa, TSB Staff
Well, ladies and gents it is officially the beginning of the end. This week marks the final quarter of my senior year. With all the senior events and good times in store for the final leg, I’m hoping it will barely feel like school. But with my years of public schools nearly up, I’ve gotten to thinking about what are the final 10 things I want to do before I turn my tassel. This is what I’ve come up with:
1. Actually take notes in all my classes. That might be good training for college?
2. Have one final bonfire at Erwin Park with all my friends. This has become a tradition for senior year and I must say it’s always a blast.
3. Finish the Yearbook on time. It is definitely crunch time when it comes to my editor position on The Lion staff and I am just hoping I make it out of this yearbook alive. I know all the hard work will be worth it though.
4. Go cliff diving. This one sounds a little outrageous but several of my friends and my brother have done it nearby and I personally think that would be quite a thrill.
5. Lose my voice at our boys and girls soccer games. In case you haven’t heard…both the Lions and the Lionettes made playoffs this year. And we beat Boyd Friday night.
6. Cook dinner for my parents. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll say that I’m cooking and then it falls through because a Friday Night Lights marathon is on TV. I promise I’ll cook one of these days, mom and dad.
7. Go around to all the places in McKinney and take a picture of every place I have a memory to make a photo album that I can bring to college next year. My friend gave me this idea and I love it. What better way to bring home to your dorm? Safe to say that my photo album will be pretty full.
8. Go back to Valley Creek (where I went to elementary school) and visit all the teachers I had that are still there. I think it would be so awesome to go visit where my childhood started and see the teachers who still have an impact on me.
9. Pick a warm night and go star-gazing in the middle of no where. I love getting out of reality for a couple of hours and what better way then to be outside of all the distractions?
10. Enjoy myself! Even though senioritis has kicked in pretty hardcore, I really want to relax and enjoy my final moments at McKinney High School. I can’t way to get my diploma, but I’m even more excited to enjoy Prom, Senior picnic and tons more of fun stuff.
TSB contributor Catherine Festa is a senior at McKinney High School. Her Teen Talk columns along with news stories and feature stories appear regularly on TownSquareBuzz.com.