TSB welcomes content submissions from the general public, including parents, non-profits, schools, clubs and organizations and just about everything in between. Please keep the following guidelines in mind when submitting content to McKinney’s number one independent news source:
- Press releases will be published only once per event or project. It’s a good idea to submit your release 2-3 weeks prior to your event because we might want to send a reporter or photographer to cover it.
- Press releases or advisories sent to us within 48 hours of an event will likely not be published on TSB.
- Press releases/articles that are promoting a for-profit business will not be published. See our Advertise with Us section if you would like to leverage the power of publishing on TSB. We reach thousands of McKinney citizens each day.
- We will not turn a submitted flyer into a press release for you. Now that we publish about 50-60 stories a week, we ask that you send us a finalized press release and we’ll gladly post and publish it for you. Please review Press Release Dos and Don’ts.
How to Submit Content
- Email stories, opinion pieces and letters-to-the-editor to our editor, Steve Kirk.
- Just want to post an event to the TSB calendar? Great! Just visit the calendar page and scroll to the button and click the button to create your event.
- If you would like to be a regular volunteer community contributor on TSB, please contact our Director of Community Engagement, Matthew Bado.
Thank you for being part of the TSB family!