Submitted by TSB Community
How it works … You get a fab discounts. You shop. You help kids in foster care. It’s that simple.
1. Teams of 4 pay $200 to register to shop in the tournament.
2. On the day of the tourney all team shoppers arrive at the square by 9:30 a.m. for welcome/instructions.
3. All team members receive discounts at all participating stores on the day of the tournament from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Dining specials and discounts also available.
4. At 2 p.m. all teams gather at the MPAC center (old courthouse) for awards ceremony. Gift packages will be awarded to:
Most Spirited Team
Team the Spends the Most
Best Dressed Team
5. All registration fees PLUS 10% of profits from participating store goes to help young adults aging-out of foster care (see benefiting charity page).
Benefiting Charity: Embrace, helping kids “aging-out” of foster care
Each year thousands of young adults ages 17-21 “age out” of the foster care system without having been adopted. Many of these teens leave their foster homes with little more than the clothes on their backs.
Embrace provides basic household items to these young adults to help them get the best possible start in independent living. Each kit contains items such as dishes, cooking utensils, bath towels, cleaning supplies and more. These items are collected by churches, community groups, sports teams, businesses and individuals across the state. To learn more about participating in this effort directly visit: www.simplestofgifts.com