TSB Community Links
Two of the six children burned when a gasoline can left near a backyard fire pit exploded in McKinney on Christmas Eve were in critical condition, but an updated report on UPI.com indicated that all were expected to survive.
“I believe we are going to be very blessed,” Stacie Durham, a McKinney Fire Department spokeswoman, said. “My understanding is that most of them had their backs to it, so they didn’t inhale the flames, causing injuries to the lungs.”
The names of the children injured in the 1:15 p.m. Monday blast had not been released.
For the complete report, please click here.