If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please refer to the section Town Square Buzz Privacy Contacts, below.
Your privacy is extremely important to us. Town Square Buzz will work to guard the information that you flag as Private. Your private information is kept strictly confidential and will never be given to anyone outside our company without a specific action on your part to Opt-In to a relationship with that third party.
Our company-wide commitment to privacy
To make sure your personal information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every Town Square Buzz employee.
Anonymous Information and Cookies
When you browse Town Square Buzz, you are able to do so anonymously. Generally, we don’t collect personal information when you browse — not even your email address. Your browser, however, does automatically tell us the type of computer and operating system you are using.
Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components and users who use our applications, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. To do this, like most standard Web site servers our website uses log files and cookies.
A “cookie” is a small line of text that is stored with your web browser for record-keeping purposes and helps Town Square Buzz provide better service to you. Your browser has an option to accept, reject, or provide you with notice when a cookie is sent.
Once a user enters Town Square Buzz, a cookie follows them through their click stream path collecting information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use only. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use the data collected from visitor cookies in aggregate form only and do not tie any personally identifiable information to the data. Use of this information helps us better understand what users are seeking and learning on Town Square Buzz and helps us identify potential navigation issues, analyze trends, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use, and provide a better website experience. We do not use this data in a manner that would identify you personally.
As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our sites. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can also understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Please note: In order to enjoy the benefits of being a Town Square Buzz user, your browser must be set to accept cookies.
Use of Information
Town Square Buzz may use Personal Information collected on our Site to improve Town Square Buzz in general, and to:
- Improve your experience using Town Square Buzz
- Allow you to post content to Town Square Buzz
- Allow you to interact with other users
- Allow you to participate in promotions and programs on Town Square Buzz
- Provide information or services you have requested
- Process or maintain your registration on Town Square Buzz
- Facilitate advertisements on Town Square Buzz
- To adapt the services of our network and community to your needs
- To research the effectiveness of our network and community
- To develop new tools for our network and community.
Your Profile Information, Stories & Social Media Connections
Town Square Buzz is a place where you can share your stories, photos, videos, audio & podcasts, lists, how-to’s, journal entries, and more. Information that you post within Town Square Buzz is inherently meant to be shared and discovered (excluding your private personal information, as described herein). So, simply put, anything you post is understood to be “public” and will be available in search results across the Town Square Buzz network and third party search engines.
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and, unless selected otherwise, may be available to the wider Town Square Buzz community or may be published on the Town Square Buzz websites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in any content you may post. For example, if you choose to include your name and contact information in a story you post publically – well – you’ve just made that public and searchable across Town Square Buzz and in search engines across the web.
If you submit content to Town Square Buzz you will receive Town Square Buzz transactional email and other related administrative communications. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such, Town Square Buzz may send you email and other communications that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Your obligations to other Users
As a Town Square Buzz User, you have certain obligations to other Users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members:
- You must not upload, contribute, submit or otherwise disseminate any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of the Town Square Buzz environment and its community of Users.
- You must not provide to Town Square Buzz and/or other Users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
- You must keep your username and password confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of WBM.
Town Square Buzz does not target its web site to children, and we will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children without obtaining prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a subscriber is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove their personally identifiable information from our files.
If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for Town Square Buzz or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us through this help page.
Parental participation: We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
How to update your Personal Information
At Town Square Buzz we respect your right to privacy and we understand that, as a visitor to Town Square Buzz, you may prefer to control your own personal information preferences. For this reason, we provide Registered Users with Privacy Controls when you visit certain areas of Town Square Buzz, such as to submit stories and content, request information, register for events, or subscribe to newsletters.
Using your Personal Town Square Buzz Dashboard, you have the right and ability to edit your Town Square Buzz member account information.
You can opt (unsubscribe) out of receiving communications of special offers and new product information by following instructions contained in the messages you receive.
Town Square Buzz reserves reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Town Square Buzz service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of your Town Square Buzz account membership, and we do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these messages.
How we protect your personal information
Town Square Buzz will always protect the personal information that you share with us. Town Square Buzz stores information internally in a controlled, secure environment.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
If Town Square Buzz requests general demographic information, this information is limited to reporting purposes only; users remain anonymous. Phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and postal addresses are never shared for demographic reports with outside entities.
Under the following circumstances, we may still be required to share your personal information:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We transfer information about you if Town Square Buzz is acquired by, reorganized or merged with another company. In such an event, you will have the opportunity to ask not to receive promotional information following any such change of control.
Third Party Sites & Links
We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any web sites and third party applications you visit/use before providing your personal information to them.
Town Square Buzz may contain links to other websites. Town Square Buzz assumes no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. Town Square Buzz encourages you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites; their privacy practices may differ from ours.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
In the event Town Square Buzz goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via a prominent notice on our Web site prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users’ personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, they will be given choice consistent with our notification of changes section.
Town Square Buzz Privacy Contacts, Questions & Suggestions
privacy (at) townsquarebuzz.com
TOWN SQUARE BUZZ
201 N Kentucky St
McKinney TX 75069
USER GENERATED CONTENT: Submissions including comments, reader reviews and more
- You shall not upload to, or distribute or otherwise publish on to the Services any libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or otherwise illegal material. Be courteous. You agree that you will not threaten or verbally abuse other Members, use defamatory language, or deliberately disrupt discussions with repetitive messages, meaningless messages or “spam.” Use respectful language. Like any community, the online conversation flourishes only when our Members feel welcome and safe. You agree not to use language that abuses or discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, disability, etc. Hate speech of any kind is grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Services. Debate, but don’t attack. In a community full of opinions and preferences, people always disagree. TSB encourages active discussions and welcomes heated debate on the Services, but personal attacks are a direct violation of these Terms of Service and are grounds for immediate and permanent suspension of access to all or part of the Service.
- The Services shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You shall not, without the express approval of TSB, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- You acknowledge that any submissions you make to the Services (i.e., user-generated content including but not limited to: comments, forum messages, reviews, text, video, audio and photographs, as well as computer code and applications) (each, a “Submission”) may be edited, removed, modified, published, transmitted, and displayed by TSB and you waive any rights you may have in having the material altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. Submissions made to TSB may also be included in our RSS feeds, APIs and made available for republishing through other formats.
- You grant TSB a perpetual, nonexclusive, world-wide, royalty free, sub-licensable license to the Submissions, which includes without limitation the right for TSB or any third party it designates, to use, copy, transmit, excerpt, publish, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, modify and adapt (including without limitation the right to adapt to streaming, downloading, broadcast, mobile, digital, thumbnail, scanning or other technologies) in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed, any Submission posted by you on or to the Services or any other Web site owned by TSB, including any Submission posted on or to the Services through a third party.
- You are solely responsible for the content of your Submissions. However, while TSB does not and cannot review every submission and is not responsible for the content of these messages, TSB reserves the right to delete, move, or edit submissions that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
- By making a Submission, you are consenting to its display and publication on the Site and in the Services and for related online and offline promotional uses.
- Any person involved in or affiliated with the production of a work reviewed on TSB.com may not submit a Readers’ Review for that work or competing works.