Henry Ford once said, “whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” Around this time of year, the momentum behind New Year’s resolutions begins to fade. It always turns out to be so much harder than we thought it would be in spite of our good intentions.
Today is a new day and a new chance to start fresh. Keep it simple:
- Set small, quantifiable goals – focus on checkpoints instead of the finish line.
- Celebrate small successes – let them fuel your desire for further achievement.
- Stick with it……….even through plateaus – acknowledge they are inevitable.
- Shake up your routine, don’t drop it.
- Make sure others are watching – friends, family & co-workers can help create accountability.
If you splurge today – shake yourself off and start over tomorrow. You’re in it for the long term!