The proposed attendance zone for a new Frisco ISD elementary school in McKinney will impact current boundaries for Mooneyham, Sonntag and Ashley elementary schools.
Scott Elementary is currently under construction at 10550 Millbend Drive in McKinney.
It will open in fall 2014 to relieve crowding at nearby schools in the northeast portion of the District.
Parents and community members are invited to submit feedback and questions about the proposal via email, phone or fax (469-633-6050).
An opportunity for public input will be extended at the December 16regular meeting of the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees, with a decision expected on January 13, 2014.
The District considers the following goals when evaluating attendance zones:
- · Effective utilization of space — efficient space utilization for effective instructional programs
- · Stability of students — minimize the number of students changing school
- · Neighborhood schools (elementary) — proximity of students to assigned campus
- · Maintaining diversity — heterogeneous campus enrollments, when practical
- · Promoting unity — community, promote unity throughout District
Efforts are also made to establish attendance zones that will hold for the longest period of time, given the District’s fast growth.
See a map of FISD land tracts and sites of potential future facilities.
Photo by Ratcliff Companies, ratcliffcompanies.com
Story submitted by Meghan Youker