Submitted by Night Owl Craft Ales
Although a relatively new club, Night Owl Craft Ales took home the award for Best IPA at the 2011 BrewRiot. Last year they won in two major categories: Best Ale and Best Lager, as well as coming in 2nd place for People’s Choice. This year, they have brewed up eight entries for the competition, which include the return of some crowd favorites, a number of hop forward ales, as well as a few exciting new experiments.
Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the beautiful Bishop Arts District & sample McKinney’s own award-winning hombrew at BrewRiot on Sunday, May 19th from 4-8 p.m. Now in its 5th year, this popular family-friendly, dog-friendly community event also features commercial breweries from Texas & beyond as well as live local music.
Keep scrolling to watch the TSB interview with Night Owl Craft Ales
Night Owl Craft Ale’s 2013 Entries:
- “Black Rabbit” – last year’s Ale category winner, a striking Cascadian Dark IPA.
- “Fizzy Yellow Rose of Texas” – last year’s Best Lager winner & the 3rd in a series of refreshing summer “lawnmower beer.”
- “Moriarty” – this year’s “Villain Series” Imperial IPA- our 4th year featuring a truly wicked, supremely hoppy, 9% double IPA.
- “The Kama Citra” – a sensuously lighter IPA. All Citra, all the time.
- “Hope and Glory” – a malty and authentic British ESB (Extra Special Bitter).
- “Half a Laugh” (Nitro) – back by popular demand, our Vietnamese Coffee Stout is served on Nitro to accentuate the creamy dreamy smoothness of this Sweet Stout.
- “Hopocalypse” – another rich tropical, summery IPA- our favorite style to brew.
- “El Guaco” – our experimental Guacamole Saison, brewed with avocado honey then spiked with a mix of herbs & spices. Now you can have your beer & eat it too!