By Nikki Darling, TSB Staff
In 1870, residents of McKinney and a church congregation built what you have seen for many years as the abandoned church on Church Street. After 86 years of standing abandoned, the building has been restored to its former beauty and use by the congregation of VLife Church in McKinney.
The church was filled with junk and was falling apart at the seams, but still contained hidden treasures amongst the rubble. The congregation took the opportunity to give the church a new coat of paint and did some cleaning to bring back the former beauty this building gave to the city. Not only did the building benefit, but the congregation did as well. As the VLife Church has been meeting in Adriatica at a temporary location, the church on Church St. gives the community a place to call their own.
To find out more about what the VLife Church is doing check out their website at http://www.vlifechurch.com/
And stay plugged into Town Square Buzz, as we’ll be presenting an in-depth interview and look in the coming weeks at how this refurbishing project came together.