By Jane Clark Realty
The home buying process in the McKinney Allen Fairview Real Estate Markets and around the country for that matter, can be quite a challenge for buyers in today’s topsy-turvy McKinney Real Estate world. The evolving home buying process has tightened even more in recent months. We saw almost 5 straight years of a buyer’s market ; but now have done a complete 180 into a strong seller’s market. Buyer demand has outpaced supply in the past few months. Many sellers are receiving multiple offers, and homes are selling at above asking prices. Sellers are no longer giving away the store just to get a sale done. Large investing LLCs are throwing offers at properties the minute they come on the market, sight unseen. Buyers may end up putting offers on several houses until they can win the bid on one. Most of this activity is being seen in the under $500,000 price ranges.
Over the past several years many of my fellow Kw McKinney Realtors have been asked the same question by prospective buyers … “how do we know when we have hit bottom with pricing.” The answer is simple. You won’t know until prices start to go up. You may be searching for the right answer to the wrong question. Consider asking “How do I get the home I want in such a competitive market”. Other Buyers have heard the news – values are beginning to rise. As a result they are coming out in record numbers to get a home before the value curve rises any higher.
What are your best strategies as a buyer in this challenging market? Here are some important Tips to consider as you search for that dream McKinney home for sale :
1. Work with an informed and experienced McKinney Realtor who knows what the usual and customary concessions are in today’s market.
2. Don’t rely on Zillow estimates or other online value calculators to arrive at the value of a property. Instead, depend on your McKinney or Allen Tx Realtor who knows the area.
3. Low ball offers are as outdated as pink and green flowered wallpaper. Don’t do it, you will lose the property.
4. Ask your real estate agent for direction on making an above asking price offer.
5. Come to the table already pre-approved for your loan from a McKinney Mortgage lender with a history of successful closings. This will make you more attractive to sellers than buyers who haven’t taken this step.
6. Don’t ask to have items such as the seller’s furniture or yard decor included with the sale.
7. If you really want the house and it appears to be in good condition, consider making an “as is” offer.
8. Offer generous earnest money, a short due diligence and closing period, and anything else that will make your offer attractive to the seller.
About McKinney Realtor® Jane Clark,
Jane Clark Realty is associated with Keller Williams McKinney. Your Listing deserves the Jane Clark touch. Jane is a nationally recognized TOP 5 elite producer for Keller Williams. Jane Clark has been featured in national media as a Real Estate technology expert. She is a perennial winner of D Magazine’s Best Realtor award and has been voted the BEST McKinney Realtor. Jane specializes in homes for sale in McKinney and is a successful Allen TX Realtor as well. Jane Clark has been a fixture in McKinney real estate for 14 years and her office is located at: