By Matthew Bado, TSB Staff
McKinneyites take immense pride in buying local, right? Now, unlike never before, citizens can find, buy and sell items on a singular website, McKinney Curious.
If you’re obsessed about McKinney, this is the destination to hit up. Launched by McKinney-based Curious Complex, the website offers “marketplaces” for citizens to find and sell just about anything from cars to computers to TVs to vacuum cleaners. Think of a virtual garage sale just for people who love McKinney!
You might be thinking, but wait, I can already find plenty on Craig’s List.That may be true but McKinney Curious is an alternative that is safer, personal and hyper-focused on McKinney citizens and businesses.
Unlike other online platforms, buyers and sellers are not anonymous. Trust plays a large role in the curious community according to founder Jason Adams.
“There is something to be said about the value and power of doing business with your neighbors,” said Adams. “McKinney Curious is a unique place to discover the hard to find, the local and the unique.”
Moreover, local retailers can set up branded “storefronts” to sell products directly to McKinney residents, many of whom work outside the community and are unable to shop local as much as they’d like. McKinney Curious is open 24/7.
Joining the community takes seconds:
- Go to www.mckinneycurious.com
- Click to the “Join” or “Get Started Now” button
- Select “JOIN THE OBSESSED” (This FREE membership allows you to buy OR sell items in the marketplace) OR if you are a business, click
- “CURIOUS STOREFRONT” (Create your own custom Storefront for FREE on any Curious Marketplace and start selling as many items as you’d like! Businesses only pay a small fee when an item is sold.)
- Complete your profile and begin posting products right away
Watch the TSB interview with Adams below.