By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of February 18th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) TSB Introduces MISD Board of Trustees Monthly Report2) McKinney Senior Citizens Go Back to School
TownSquareBuzz.com is proud to present the first installment of McKinney ISD Board of Trustees monthly report. Our goal is to provide more information to our community on the local education system, as well as provide a more open and interactive forum for the board and its citizens to interact. Read More.
2) Texas LMS of the Year, Classroom Teacher of the Year go to MISD Educators
With feet planted firmly in the 21st century, two McKinney ISD educators have been named among the most outstanding in Texas by Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA) for their innovative integration of technology and education. Read More.
3) McKinney Debates: What Should Be Done About School Financing?
On Feb. 4, a state district judge ruled that the way Texas funds its public school system is unconstitutional. Read More.
4) Girls Basketball Playoffs: North Wins Opener, MHS Season Ends in Defeat
McKinney North’s top-seeded Lady Bulldogs won their opening game of the UIL 4A Girls Basketball Playoffs on Monday night…Meanwhile, Meanwhile, at Lewisville, the McKinney High Lionettes battled Dallas Skyline but lost 54-40 despite being considered heavy underdogs. MHS’ season came to an end. Read More.
5) Soccer Scoreboard: MISD Teams Go Undefeated in District Play on Friday Night
District play is kicking into high gear around McKinney, as all six MISD programs begin their march towards the postseason. Read More.
6) McKinney North Swimmers Qualify for State Championships
McKinney North is sending swimmers in both an individual event and a relay team event to the UIL State Swimming and Diving Championships in Austin on Feb. 22-23. Read More.
7) Girls Basketball Playoffs: Missed Opportunities Cost North in Season-Ending Upset Loss to Red Oak
Some nights you have it, and some nights you just don’t. For the state’s No.8-ranked McKinney North Lady Bulldogs, Friday night proved to be the latter of the two after a 47-41 loss to Red Oak in the 4A Region II Area round saw their season come to an abrupt end. Read More.
8) Boys Basketball: North Knocks Off Royse City in Regular Season Finale
The McKinney North Bulldogs finished off the District 13-4A schedule with a 57-38 win at home versus Royse City on Tuesday night. Read More.
9) Playoff Shocker: Season Ends for McKinney North Girls Basketball Team with Upset Loss
The state’s No. 8-ranked 4A girls basketball team suffered a heartbreaking end to its season Friday night. Read More.
10) Lions Quarterback Signs Letter of Intent to Play Football at Cornell
McKinney Lions senior quarterback Robert Somborn signed his letter of intent to play college football at Cornell University on Monday afternoon. Read More.
11) Soccer Game of the Week: McKinney High, Plano East End in a Tie
Fending off the freezing cold temperature on Friday night, the McKinney Lions boys soccer team went head to head against the Plano East Pirates at home. Read More.
12) Lady Mustangs Win District Title, Top Dallas Lutheran in Double Overtime Thriller
The McKinney Christian Academy Lady Mustangs topped the Dallas Lutheran Lions in a double overtime thriller Friday night to take the district crown 55-52. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.