By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of April 15th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) Texas Senate Passes Two Bills Authored by McKinney’s Ken Paxton Aimed to Increase Local Government Transparency
The Texas Senate on Friday passed SB 656 and SB 657 authored by Texas State Senator Ken Paxton, R-McKinney. SB 656 provides transparency in the budget adoption process of municipalities and counties and SB 657 relates to procedural requirements for adopting and filing a school district budget. Read More.
2) All MISD High Schools Nominated for Region’s High School Theatre Musical Awards
Students from all three of McKinney’s public high schools were nominated for the region’s premier musical theater awards competition, The Dallas Summer Musicals’ Second Annual DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards. Read More.
3) TSB’s Baseball Game of the Week: Lions Get Revenge Over Boyd in Crosstown Showdown
It isn’t too often where a crosstown rivalry game can be outshined by another sporting event taking place hundreds of miles south of McKinney, but Friday night at Al Alford Field certainly fit that bill. Read More.
4) Softball Scoreboard: Friday’s District Scores Plus Updated 10-5A & 13-4A Standings
After Friday night’s games, there is just one week remaining in district softball play as the playoff picture in 10-5A and 13-4A began to clear up. Click here for scores and recaps from Friday night’s action, along with updated standings.
5) Boys Soccer Playoffs: McKinney Boyd Season Ends with Regional Final Loss Saturday Afternoon
Humble Kingwood goalkeeper Jack DiSorbo has had his work cut out for him in the UIL 5A playoffs. Kingwood’s last three matches went into penalty kicks and DiSorbo rose to the occasion, enabling the Mustangs to advance to the final four. Read More.
6) Boys Soccer Playoffs: Broncos Advance to Regional Finals with Victory over The Woodlands
McKinney Boyd had already defeated The Woodlands during the 2013 season, but that was four months ago.“Time has changed since January. They improved and we improved,” said Boyd head coach, Casey Osborn. Read More.
7) Things Get a Little ‘Hairy’ at McKinney Boyd as the Broncos Celebrate ‘Locks for Life’
The topic was hair during lunch time on Friday, April 5, as McKinney Boyd High School celebrated its 7th Relay for Life “Locks for Life” fundraising event. Read More.
8) Boys Soccer Playoffs: A `Broken-Hearted’ Ending for MHS Wraps Up a Wonderful Season
Coach Alan Pocock’s McKinney Lions held a stout Humble Kingwood team to zero throughout regulation and two overtime periods. Still, it wasn’t enough to win their Class 5A Region II Semifinal match on Friday evening. Read More.
9) McKinney High Marquettes to Present Spring Show `Once Upon A Time’
The McKinney High Marquettes are happy to announce their upcoming Spring Show “Once Upon A Time.” The show will highlight the magical performances by the Varsity team, Officers, JV team, Elite Illusion and Kick Company, several dance classes and solos during the show. Read More.
10) First Senior Night is One to Remember as McKinney Girls Lacrosse Team Enjoys First Year as Varsity Program
The McKinney Girls Lacrosse program held its first Senior Night recently at McKinney High Stadium, honoring Amanda Hernandez who will graduate from MHS in June and will attend Texas Tech University. Read More.
11) Baseball Scoreboard: North Keeps 13-4A Title Hopes Alive With Wins Over Lovejoy & Wylie
The McKinney North Bulldogs (10-1) have had a crazy week to say the least. After Wednesday’s contest versus Lovejoy was postponed a day because of rain, North and Lovejoy took the field on Thursday night at Bulldog Field to battle for the second and final time in District 13-4A play. Read More.
12) McKinney North Wins 1st Place at North Texas Colorguard Association State Championships
The McKinney North High School Varsity Winterguard has won 1st place and received a gold medal for the second consecutive year in a row. Read More.
13) McKinney North Dominates 13-4A Spring District
The McKinney North tennis team had one of its most successful spring district tournaments in its history. Read More.
14) McKinney North Girls Golf Team Wins District 13-4A Championship
The McKinney North Lady Bulldog golf team captured first place in the two-day District 13-4A Golf Tournament, held at Heritage Ranch, on Monday and Tuesday. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.