By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of March 18th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) McKinney Debates: Who is Best to Set Sex Education Policy and Programs?
The Texas Senate Education Committee advanced a bill, introduced by our own Sen. Ken Paxton, that would require parental signatures if sex education is taught by someone other than a school district employee and would ban organizations that provide abortions from setting foot on school grounds, including Planned Parenthood. Read More and Vote or Comment in Poll.
2) MISD Board of Trustees Monthly Report: Population Demographics, Energy Initiatives, Technology and More
Welcome to the latest installment of the McKinney ISD Board of Trustees Monthly Board Report on TownSquareBuzz.com. The purpose of this report is to provide the community with insight into the monthly meetings and topics the McKinney ISD Board of Trustees are addressing. Read More.
3) Collin College to Host its Annual Job Fair
Collin College will host its annual job fair from 1-4 p.m. on March 27 at the Spring Creek Campus Living Legends Conference Center (2800 E. Spring Creek Pkwy. in Plano). Read More.
4) Baseball Scoreboard: North Shuts Out Lovejoy; Boyd Falls to 0-2 in 10-5A
For McKinney North, district play could not have gotten off to a better start, but for District 10-5A rivals Boyd and MHS, both are looking at 0-2 district starts after losses on Friday night. Read More.
5) Two MISD Girls Basketball Players Honored By Texas Girls Coaches Association
Basketball season may be officially over, but the awards are still coming in for several players around McKinney. Read More.
6) McKinney High Marquettes Win `Grand Champion’ in Large Schools Category During Competition Season
The girls of the McKinney High School Marquettes dance team possess two qualities critical to success in any endeavor: talent and a tenacious work ethic. Read More.
7) Softball Scoreboard: Lionettes Fall to 0-2 After Road Loss at Plano East
McKinney High (0-2) lost 9-8 at Plano East on Friday night in District 10-5A softball play. Read More.
8) TSB’s Baseball Game of the Week: Lions Can’t Produce Enough Runs in District Loss to Plano
The McKinney Lions were hoping to settle a score Friday night. But the Lions’ offensive woes continued as the team lost 4-2 at home to the Plano Wildcats in a District 10-5A baseball game. Read More.
9) She Eats and Breathes Soccer, and Belicia Mendiola’s Talent is on Display at McKinney North
McKinney North’s girls soccer team is one of the premier teams in the state and remains undefeated in District 17-4A. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.