By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of April 22th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) MISD Board of Trustees Monthly Report: News About Advanced Placement, Gifted and Talented, iPad Minis and More
Welcome to the McKinney ISD Board of Trustees Monthly Board Report. The purpose of this report is to provide the community with insight into the monthly meetings and topics the McKinney ISD Board of Trustees are addressing. Read More.
2) MISD’s SAT-PSAT Blitz Camps will be Offered in May
McKinney ISD is pleased to offer two SAT-PSAT “Blitz Camps” in May at each of the three McKinney ISD high school campuses. The camps are scheduled for May 1-2 and May 29-30. Read More.
3) TSB Honors McKinney’s Best Soccer Players After A Record-Breaking Season
McKinney is a soccer town. The redundancy of this quote has been ingrained into my head. Coaches, parents, players and soccer fans reiterate the importance of soccer in McKinney that has been labeled as “the second best place to live in America,” according to Money magazine. Read More.
4) Baseball Scoreboard: MHS Seals Up Playoff Berth; Boyd Eliminated From Postseason After Walk-Off Loss at Plano
The final weeks of the district season are here for the three MISD baseball programs. Read More.
5) All-District Soccer Team: Coaches in 10-5A and 17-4A Announce Honors
With the soccer season in the rear view mirror, District 10-5A and 17-4A coaches have unveilved the award winners in both districts, along with first and second team honorees. Click here for the winners for each district.
6) Softball Scoreboard: Final Standings in Districts 10-5A & 13-4A
The regular season came to a end on Friday night, as the North Lady Bulldogs finished off an impressive 13-4A campaign with a win at Denison. Read More.
7) Baseball Scoreboard: Lions’ Vassar Throws No-Hitter in Road Win at Plano West
With just a handful of district games remaining for all three MISD baseball teams, MHS and North have both clinched postseason berths while Boyd is hoping to finish out the season on a high note after being eliminated on Tuesday night. Click here for the scores and recaps from Friday night’s action.
8) McKinney Boyd Alumna Impacts Mothers and Children at Peruvian Medical Clinic
Kendall Roberts (Boyd ’10), a junior at Northeastern University in Boston, had the opportunity to take the summer off from her schooling. But one to never really relax, she pushed herself to find a meaningful volunteer program that ultimately took her to a Peruvian medical clinic. Read Kendall’s story, in her words… Read More.
9) McKinney Boyd Looking for New Girls Head Soccer Coach
Michele Estes is out as head coach of the McKinney Boyd girls soccer program, McKinney ISD athletics director Shawn Pratt confirmed Monday afternoon. Read More.
10) Boyd’s Whaley Advances to State High School Golf Tournament
The McKinney boys golf team finished 4th in the Regional 2 Golf Tournament, missing out on third place by only two strikes. Read More.
11) Ex-Lady Bronco Volleyball Player Transfers to College of Charleston
Former McKinney Boyd volleyball player Cara Howley is leaving the University of South Carolina and transferring down to the Palmetto State coast at the College of Charleston. Read More.
12) MHS Assistant Coach Writes of Tragedy, Scandal and Survival After Baylor Basketball’s Darkest Days
Everyone who goes to college has a different experience. Like a fingerprint, each person’s journey through college tells of personal adventure to find oneself before knocking on the door of the real world just a few years later. Read More.
13) McKinney Varsity Ice Hockey: Siler, Holt Selected for All-Star Game
Two members of the McKinney Varsity Ice Hockey Team were selected to participate in this past weekend’s AT&T Metroplex High School All-Star Game on at the American Airlines Center in downtown Dallas. Read More.
14) McKinney North’s Hart Advances to State, Earns Right to Defend Class 4A Boys Tennis Title
The McKinney North tennis team had a successful two days at the Region II-4A Tournament. Read More.
15) TSB’s Softball Game of the Week: North’s Verdolivo Throws No-Hitter in Victory over Wylie East
It’s hard to believe softball season is winding down as the McKinney North Lady Bulldogs celebrated Senior Night in front of their endearing fans cheering at the top of their lungs. Read More.
16) McKinney North Girls Golf Team Finishes Season with 9th-Place Finish
The McKinney North Lady Bulldog Golf Team completed its season Wednesday and Thursday at the 4A Region II golf tournament at Texas Star Golf Course in Euless. Read More.
17) TSB’s Baseball Game of the Week: North Clinches Share of 13-4A Title With Shutout Win Over Wylie East
For the first time in four years, the McKinney North Bulldogs can proudly proclaim themselves champions of District 13-4A. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.