By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of January 14th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) McKinney Police Adds Full-Time School Resource Officers to Middle Schools
The McKinney Police Department and the McKinney Independent School District (MISD) have worked together to implement a new program that places School Resource Officers (SRO) at the five middle schools in the district. Read More.
2) Teen Talk: Though Sandy Hook Tragedy is Fresh, Local Students Feel Secure in MISD Schools
It has been almost a month since the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., occurred. As we all tuned into the news and listened on the radio, there was one question looming in the air. Read More.
3) Basketball Scoreboard: MHS Girls Earn First District Victory, North Girls Win 14th Straight & MHS Boys Top Coppell
On a busy Tuesday night in MISD basketball, the McKinney High boys concluded non-district play with a road win at Coppell while the Lionettes topped Plano East for their first District 10-5A win of the season. Read More.
4) Mike Bruu: MISD Basketball Success, Soccer Kick-Off & ‘Django Unchained’
With the soccer season kicking off and basketball about to dive head first into district play, exciting things are happening around MISD sports during this very rainy month of January. Read More.
5) Basketball Scoreboard: MHS Swept By Plano West; North Takes Care of Denison at Home
As district play kicked off for the 5A boys in McKinney, the Lady Bulldogs were wrapping up their first round of district play while the Bulldogs were looking to win their fourth straight district game. Read More.
6) Soccer Scoreboard: Lionettes Win Silver Championship at Frisco ISD Dr. Pink Invitational
Saturday wrapped up an exciting weekend for all six MISD soccer teams, as the McKinney High girls took the Silver Championship at the Frisco ISD Dr. Pink Invitational by defeating Frisco 2-1 in a shootout. Read More.
7) Boyd Band Students to Participate in All-Region Clinic
About 156 McKinney Boyd High School band students auditioned Dec. 1, 2012, to participate in the Texas Music Educators Association Region 25 5A All-Region band clinic. Read More.
8) TSB’s Basketball Game of the Week: Lady Broncos Win, Broncos Fall in District Opener vs. Allen
It was primed to be a big night for both basketball programs at McKinney Boyd with the Allen Eagles making the trip up Highway 75. Read More.
9) Yale Alley Cats Entertain the Crowd, Mentor High School Choir at McKinney Christian Academy
The Yale Alley Cats, an all-male a cappella singing group from Yale University, performed Thursday morning at McKinney Christian Academy. Read More.
10) Lady Mustangs Take Third Place in MCA Roundball Roundup
The McKinney Christian Academy Lady Mustangs won two out of three and defeated the Bland Tigers 43-32 for the third place trophy. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.