By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of February 25th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) MISD Official Calls Sexual Assault Allegations Against Former Band Director `Disconcerting’
“Surprising. Disturbing. Disconcerting.”Those are the words MISD Chief Communications Officer Cody Cunningham used to describe his thoughts upon learning of the arrest of former Evans Middle School Assistant Band Director Marcus Hunley. Read More.
2) `Getting Started at Collin College: For New Students’ is Coming Up Soon
Starting at a new institution can be overwhelming, and the Collin College Destination College program wants to help ease that transition with its “Getting Started at Collin College: For New Students” workshop. Read More.
3) Pulitzer Prize Winner to Visit Collin College’s McKinney Campus on March 7
Pulitzer Prize winner and author of “My Dyslexia” Philip Schultz will visit Collin College campuses March 5-7 for live discussion, writer’s workshop and signing events. Read More.
4) Soccer Scoreboard: Friday’s District Results From Across MISD
As district play begins to heat up for all six MISD soccer programs, Boyd and MHS played its final districts matches before the boys and girls teams meet up on Tuesday night for a little crosstown rivalry soccer. Read More.
5) Baseball Scoreboard: Friday’s Tournament Results From Around MISD
Click for tournament results from all three MISD baseball programs on Friday, Feb. 22.
6) Softball Scoreboard: Friday’s Tournament Results From Around MISD
Click for the scores from Friday’s tournament action from Feb. 22, as all three MISD softball programs took the field.
7) TSB Basketball Awards Honor McKinney’s Best Players, Coaches, & Games
With the high school basketball regular season fully in the rear view mirror, it is time to hand out some hardware as we celebrate the best players and moments from another terrific season on the hardwood. Read More.
8) Boys Basketball Playoffs: Boyd Ends Historic Season with Bi-District Loss Versus Berkner
It was a night of firsts for the McKinney Boyd Broncos. Read More.
9) Boys Soccer Game of the Week: North Bulldogs Fall to Rival Prosper
Both the McKinney North Bulldogs and the Prosper Eagles entered Tuesday night’s boys soccer match leading District 17-4A with 2-0 records. Read More.
10) Six McKinney North Speech and Debate Students Qualify for Nationals
Six students from McKinney North High School advanced to the National Forensic League’s national speech and debate tournament in five events after their performance Feb. 14-16 at the LBJ District’s National Qualifying Tournament. Read More.
11) Girls Golf: McKinney North Varsity Competes in First Spring Tournament
The McKinney North Lady Bulldog Varsity golf team participated in their first tournament of the Spring on Tuesday at Plantation golf course in Frisco. Read More.
13) Boys Basketball Playoffs: North Stuns No. 11 Jacksonville in Heart-Racing Fashion
This was not a game for the faint of heart. In front of a rowdy standing-room only crowd at Emory Rains High School, the McKinney North Bulldogs upset the state’s No. 11-ranked Jacksonville Fightin’ Indians. Read More.
14) Boys Basketball Regional Quarterfinals Set: North-Mansfield Legacy Game Set for Coppell High School
The McKinney North Bulldogs finalized their game information for the Regional Quarterfinals of the UIL’s 4A Region 2 Boys Basketball Playoff. Read More.
15) Stuart J’s Lens: Col. Dan Bellue’s Flight Plan Leads to MCA
The students at McKinney Christian Academy (MCA) have the privilege of being taught by some pretty amazing individuals. Read More.
16) MCA Girls Basketball Team Defeats First Baptist, Set For Playoffs
The McKinney Christian Academy Lady Mustangs rolled over First Baptist Academy this past week, 50-37, to finish district play in first place with a perfect 8-0 record. Read More.
17) Girls Basketball: MCA to Host Brook Hill in TAPPS Area Round After Opening Win
The McKinney Christian Academy Lady Mustangs enter the Area Round of the TAPPS 3A Girls Basketball Playoffs after defeating Carrollton Christian Academy 57-28 on Tuesday. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.