By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of May 6th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) MISD Honors Business Partners and Volunteers, with Special Honor Going to Roy Garcia
McKinney Independent School District held its Annual Volunteers In Public Schools and Business Partner Luncheon recently. This day was about honoring parent volunteers, community members, and businesses that dedicate not only their time, but their hearts to campuses across the school district. Read More.
2) Immunizations to be Offered This Month at Lawson Early Childhood School
Immunizations will be offered this Thursday May 23 at Lawson Early Childhood School from 5-7 p.m. This month the vaccines will be available to a wider scope of students. Read More.
3) MISD Names Butler as Director of Program Evaluation
The McKinney ISD Board of Trustees approved Gordon Butler as the new Director of Program Evaluation for the District at their monthly board meeting in April. Butler, who currently serves as an assistant principal at McKinney High School, brings more than a decade of education experience to his new position. Read More.
4) Baseball Playoffs: MHS-Jesuit, North-Mt. Pleasant Bi-District Series Begin Thursday Night
After a long and grueling regular season, just two MISD schools remain as the baseball playoffs got under way Thursday night. Read More.
5) Boyd’s Whaley Finishes Tied for Second in 5A Golf State Championship
After finishing in the top 10 during Monday’s opening round, McKinney Boyd’s Vincent Whaley made a push Tuesday for the UIL Class 5A boys golf state championship. Read More.
6) Softball Playoffs: Boyd Squares Off with Mesquite Horn in Area Round Series
With the softball playoffs in full swing, TSB previews the area round series between the McKinney Boyd Lady Broncos. Read More.
7) Softball Playoffs: Boyd Celebrates After Extra Inning Walk-Off Win Over Mesquite Horn
It may have taken nine innings, but the McKinney Boyd Lady Broncos will take the win. Read More.
8) Softball Playoffs: Boyd Shuts Out Mesquite Horn to Sweep Area Round Series
In game two of the Class 5A Area round of the softball playoffs, the McKinney Boyd Lady Broncos illustrated why they are one of the premier high school softball teams in the state of Texas. Read More.
9) Baseball Playoffs: After Early Struggles, MHS Rides Hot Streak into Bi-District Series with Dallas Jesuit
Last year was a rough season for the McKinney Lions. Finishing 4-10 in District 10-4A and 8-17 overall in 2012, the Lions missed the playoffs in the program’s final season in Class 4A. Read More.
10) Baseball Playoffs: MHS Secures Game 1 Upset Win Over Jesuit With Fourth Inning Rally
From a weather standpoint, Thursday night’s Bi-district series opener between the McKinney Lions and the District 9-5A champion Dallas Jesuit Rangers felt nothing like a May playoff game. Read More.
11) Baseball Playoffs: MHS Pulls Off Upset Over Jesuit in Classic 10-Inning Affair
Friday night was playoff baseball at its finest. After winning game one at Al Alford Field on Thursday night, the McKinney Lions needed one more win over the Dallas Jesuit Rangers to seal the Bi-district round series upset over the District 9-5A champions. Read More.
12) McKinney North Football Program to Skip Spring Practice This Year
For the first time in his 17 years of coaching, McKinney North football coach Mike Fecci will not have his team participate in spring football. Read More.
13) North’s Hart Claims Second Consecutive State Tennis Singles Title
McKinney North senior Jordan Hart celebrated a UIL Class 4A boys singles state championship for the second consecutive year on Tuesday afternoon. Read More.
14) Baseball Playoffs: McKinney North Plays Role of ‘Favorite’ as Postseason Approaches
At first, the McKinney North Bulldogs were the team that almost took down Regional Finalist Frisco Wakeland in the Bi-district round series last spring. Read More.
15) Baseball Playoffs: North Rides Early Lead to Game 1 Victory Over Mt. Pleasant
The McKinney North Bulldogs played their style of baseball on Thursday night. With tremendous starting pitching, timely hitting, and solid defense, the Bulldogs defeated Mt. Pleasant 6-2 in game one of the best-of-three Bi-district round series at Copeland Field in Mesquite. Read More.
16) Baseball Playoffs: First Inning Struggles Haunt North, Force Deciding Game Three vs. Mt. Pleasant
Call it what you may, but Friday night at Copeland Field in Mesquite proved just how frustrating and unpredictable baseball could be. Read More.
17) Baseball Playoffs: North Cruises Past Mt. Pleasant in Game Three to Take Bi-District Series
Very few people thought there would be a deciding game three on Saturday afternoon between McKinney North and Mt. Pleasant. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.