By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of April 1st
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) Boyd, MHS Students Take Top Spots at State Criminal Justice Competition
If the Criminal Justice Clubs from McKinney Boyd High School, McKinney High School and McKinney North High School are any indication, the future of law enforcement is in capable hands. Read More.
2) Teen Talk: 10 More Weeks & 10 More Things To Do
Well, ladies and gents it is officially the beginning of the end. This week marks the final quarter of my senior year. Read More.
3) Soccer Playoffs: TSB Previews the UIL Postseason for All Six MISD Programs
People call McKinney “Soccer Town,” and the 2013 season proved why once again. Read More.
4) Baseball Scoreboard: No. 7 North Loses First-Place Battle at Wylie East; MHS, Boyd Fall in 10-5A Action
In an exciting night of MISD baseball, the McKinney North Bulldogs were looking to stay perfect in District 13-4A with a road contest versus Wylie East, the only other undefeated team in the district. Read More.
5) Softball Scoreboard: MHS Tops Boyd in Crosstown Showdown; North Cruises Past Denison
The highlight of the MISD softball schedule on Tuesday night was the first of two meetings this season between the two crosstown rivals, McKinney High and McKinney Boyd, as the Lionettes and Lady Broncos squared off at MHS. Read More.
6) Mike Bruu: McKinney’s Football Culture Prevents Our Town From Becoming Steubenville
Friday Night Lights. It has become more than just a saying in this country. It’s more like a lifestyle. Read More.
7) Baseball Scoreboard: MHS Shuts Out Plano West; North Tops Denison in 8 Innings
With Good Friday falling on the calendar this week, high school athletics were pushed up a day. That meant all three MISD baseball programs would compete in district play on Thursday night. Read More.
8) Softball Scoreboard: Boyd, MHS Earn 10-5A Victories on Thursday Night
Both MHS and Boyd looked to go into the three-day weekend with a district win under its belt as the Lady Broncos hosted the Plano West Lady Wolves and the Lionettes traveled to Plano to take on the Lady Wildcats. Read More.
9) Soccer Playoffs: Lady Bulldogs Shutout Creekview; Boyd Teams Advance to Area Round
Soccer playoffs are officially underway for both 4A and 5A, with the McKinney North Lady Bulldogs looking to advance to the sectional round next week with a win versus Carrollton Creekview. Read More.
10) Soccer Playoffs: Pocock Says Lions `Peaking at the Right Time’ After Opening-Round Victory
Shortly after the final seconds of the clock ran down on the McKinney Lions’ 2-0 victory over Dallas Skyline in the teams’ UIL bi-district playoff round match Thursday night, Lions head coach Alan Pocock knew his players were playing their best soccer of the season. Read More.
11) Soccer Playoffs: Schober’s Goalkeeping Heroics Help to Advance Lionettes Into Second Round
“You don’t deserve goals, you score goals,” said McKinney High girls soccer coach Alex Pantarotto after his team defeated Richardson Pearce 1-0 in a UIL Region 2 Bi-District playoff game. Read More.
12) Soccer Playoffs: Mendiola’s Overtime Heroics Keep Lady Bulldogs’ Playoff Journey Alive
It may have taken overtime, but the McKinney North Lady Bulldogs are moving on in the UIL 4A Girls Soccer Playoffs. Read More.
13) Soccer Playoffs: North Boys Can’t Overcome Slow Start in Bi-District Loss to Wakeland
Despite a home-field advantage, the McKinney North Bulldogs’ playoff run was cut short Tuesday night in an unsettling boys soccer loss to Frisco Wakeland. Read More.
14) North Girls Golfers Complete Spring Regular Season
The McKinney North Lady Bulldog Varsity golf team completed its spring regular season with a 4th-place finish at Tanglewood Golf Course, in Pottsboro, on Tuesday. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.