By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of October 8th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) High School, Middle School Choirs Join Forces, Produce 1st Annual McKinney Men in Concert
When you combine men’s choir students from five middle schools and three high schools, you get one very big choir. And a huge opportunity to inspire a lifelong love of music. Read More.
2) Mike Bruu: My Apology to All MISD High School Students
Before the football season began back in August, I wrote about the state of the student fan in McKinney. Read More.
3) Reel McKinney: MISD Athletic Director Shawn Pratt Sits Down At ‘The Sports Bar’
In this past week’s episode of ‘The Sports Bar’, TSB sports writer Mike Bruu sits down with MISD athletic director Shawn Pratt to discuss the state of athletics in MISD and how the first month of high school football has gone. Watch the Interview.
4) Volleyball Scoreboard: Boyd, North Earn District Victories Tuesday
Lady Bulldogs and Lady Broncos roll, while Lionettes fall to old rival Plano. Read More.
5) MHS Freshman Volleyball Player Proving Herself Valuable On The Varsity Squad
in order to open your eyes to the bumpy road Claire Embry, a McKinney High freshman volleyball player, is experiencing this year, I present to you the wisdom of Nelson Mandela: “In order to understand the present, we must look at the past.” Read More.
6) TSB’s Football Game of the Week: North Runs Over Royse City for Homecoming Win
It only took the McKinney North Bulldogs a minute and 40 seconds to get on the scoreboard on homecoming night at Ron Poe Stadium, and it led to their first football victory of the 2012 season. Read More.
7) Volleyball Scoreboard: North Swept By Royse City At Home
McKinney North hosted Royse City on Friday night and were swept 3-0 with scores of 15-25, 17-25, and 14-25, dropping their District 13-4A record to 4-5. Read More.
8) Game Day: Bulldogs Battle Injury Troubles and Royse City
McKinney North carries the flag for MISD this past weekend as Boyd and MHS rest up during opens weeks. Read More.
10) TSB’s Volleyball Game of the Week: Boyd Defeats MHS in Crosstown Showdown
McKinney should be proud of its two volleyball teams, McKinney High and McKinney Boyd, that finished the first round of district competition Friday by inviting middle schoolers and classmates to join the fight against breast cancer. Read More.
McKinney Christian Academy scored on their opening drive, in Friday night football action, and never looked back in defeating Waco’s Texas Christian Academy 49-14. Read More.