By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of March 11th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) Parents, MISD Staff Learn About the Dangers of Bullying and Bullying Prevention Methods
Bullying Prevention Expert Donna Clark Love gave a wide-ranging presentation Monday evening at Minshew Elementary School, and it touched on identifying bullying behaviors, empowering the “bystanders,” and the dangers of sexual predators on the Internet. Read More.
2) McKinney Masters Supports City’s Proud High School Golf Tradition
Golf has a rich tradition in McKinney, and residents can help support all three of our local high school golf programs through participation or sponsorship in the McKinney Masters Golf Tournament on April 1st at TPC Craig Ranch. Read More.
3) Mike Bruu: Top 10 Things I Learned From the High School Basketball Season
Basketball season has officially ended in the ol’ MISD, and what a year it was. From a renewed crosstown district rivalry to four of six McKinney programs making the postseason, this basketball season was quite an adventure to cover as a sports reporter. Read More.
4) School, Sports and Concussions
There are a lot of stories in the news about NFL players suffering from long-term brain damage due to concussions, but how often do you hear about a high school cheerleader who falls from the top of a pyramid? Or maybe a middle school hockey player who gets slammed against the rink wall? Read More.
5) Baseball Scoreboard: Friday’s Tournament & Non-District Game Results From Around MISD
McKinney Boyd and McKinney High continued their final tournament action of the season, while McKinney North played Carrollton Newman Smith in a non-district game before kicking back up district play next week. Click here for the scores from the games on the diamond from Friday.
6) Softball Scoreboard: Boyd Tops Plano West in District 10-5A Opener
MHS and Boyd kicked off District 10-5A on Friday night, as the Lady Broncos earned a early victory over Plano West while the Lionettes fell 12-1 versus Plano. Meanwhile, North routed Royse City to stay perfect in 13-4A. Click here for recaps and scores from the contests around MISD.
7) Soccer Scoreboard: Boyd Boys Tie Allen; North Teams Sweep Sherman
With just three matches remaining in the district season for all three MISD high schools, the playoff push for all six soccer programs is in full force as the calendar flipped to March. Read More.
8) Boyd Band Students Participate in All-State Clinic
Five McKinney Boyd Band students were selected to participate in the 2013 Texas Music Educators Association All-State clinic that was held February 13-16, 2013 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio. Read More.
9) Six North Players Win 13-4A Boys Basketball Honors on Tuesday
After making a run in the playoffs all the way to the Regional Semifinals, the McKinney North Bulldogs were honored on Tuesday when the District 13-4A boys basketball awards were announced. Read More.
10) McKinney North Swimmer Places 7th at State
McKinney Noth High School senior Madison Kuhn took seventh in the 50 Yard Freestyle at the recent UIL Texas State Swimming and Diving Championships in Austin. Read More.
11) Lady Mustangs Receive Multiple Honors After Successful Basketball Season
The McKinney Christian Academy Lady Mustangs were honored at the District 4-3A meeting with multiple honors reflective of their successful undefeated district run. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.