By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of October 22nd
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) MISD Students Get the Lowdown on Downloading Library Books
McKinney ISD students had their latest opportunity to exercise some of their newest technological resources on Friday. Read More.
3) Michele Stevens Bernard: Dear McKinney Marching Bands, I Miss Seeing You In Parades
She has me at hello.The lady says she is calling on behalf of the McKinney High School Band Boosters. With that, I know I will say yes to whatever she is selling. Read More.
4) Volleyball Scoreboard: North’s Playoff Hopes End; Boyd Keeps District Title Goal Alive
With two games remaining in the volleyball regular season, North needed a win Friday night to keep its playoff hopes alive while Boyd was looking for another district championship. Read More.
5) Mike Bruu: How Each MISD Football Team Can Make (and Miss) the Playoffs
Hello sports fans. If you want a break from the political fiasco that has dominated this great city of ours, I invite you to join me in discussing a little high school football for a couple minutes. Read More.
6) MHS’ Class of 1965 is Getting Together to Celebrate Their 65th Birthdays
The Class of 1965 turns 65 this year, 47 years after most of them graduated from high school.To celebrate this landmark, classmates from the McKinney High School Class of 1965 are holding a big birthday bash the weekend of Oct. 26-27. Read More.
7) Historic Homecoming for Lions After Beating Plano East for First District 10-5A Win
The final three minutes of the game must have felt like an eternity to the hundreds of McKinney fans, parents, and students who packed Ron Poe Stadium on Thursday night. Read More.
8) TSB’s Football Game of the Week: North Comes Up Short in Crucial District 13-4A Matchup
“We have got to make plays.” Coach Mike Fecci’s words summed up the feeling around his McKinney North Bulldog football team following a crucial 35-20 loss to Wylie at Ron Poe Stadium on Friday night. Read More.
9) McKinney North Wins District 13-4A Tennis Championship
The McKinney North tennis team upset No. 1-seeded Lovejoy in the 13-4A District Tournament on Wednesday by a score 10-6. The Bulldogs are your 2012 13-4A Champions. Read More.
10) Football Scoreboard: Boyd Tops Plano to Set Up Huge Home Matchup Next Friday Versus Allen
McKinney Boyd defeated Plano on the road in a key district matchup 15-14 on Friday night at Plano’s John Clark Stadium. Read More.
11) Boyd Band Puts New Twist on `Friday Night Lights’
Texas is famous for football, and all that goes with it — the players, the fans, the cheerleaders, the drill team and, of course, the band. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.