By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of April 29th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) FC Dallas to Host McKinney ISD Night to Benefit MEF
The McKinney Education Foundation and FC Dallas are once again partnering to host McKinney Independent School District Night on Saturday, May 11 for FC Dallas versus D.C. United at FC Dallas Stadium in Frisco. Read More.
2) MHS, Boyd Well Represented in District 10-5A Girls Soccer Awards
Last week, TSB unveiled the District 10-5A and 17-4A soccer awards, voted by the coaches of each district. After the conclusion of the season on Saturday, the girls awards and first and second teams were announced for District 10-5A. Click here for the full list of awards and teams.
3) Softball Playoffs: Through Injuries and Tough Districts, Boyd and North Ready Before Deep Playoff Runs
After three months of tournament play, non-district opponents, and the grind of district play, postseason softball has arrived in McKinney. Read More.
4) TSB’s Baseball Game of the Week: Boyd Clinches Season Series Over Crosstown Rival MHS in District 10-5A Finale
On paper, there was nothing on the line at Bronco Field on Friday night between crosstown rival McKinney High and McKinney Boyd. Read More.
5) Softball Playoffs: Boyd’s Riding Throws Perfect Game in Bi-District Round Opener
With a sincere smile, McKinney Boyd softball coach Moe Fritz simply stated, “She is just dominating.” Read More.
6) Softball Playoffs: Boyd Cruises to Bi-District Round Sweep Over W.T. White
After a 10-0 run rule victory over W.T. White on Friday night, the McKinney Boyd Lady Broncos made quick work over the Longhorns on Saturday afternoon, completing a UIL Softball bi-district round sweep with a 19-0 victory. Read More.
7) McKinney High School Receives Project Lead The Way Certification for STEM Education Program
McKinney High School announced Wednesday that it has received national certification for its Project Lead The Way (PLTW) program. PLTW, a nonprofit organization and the nation’s leading provider of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education programs… Read More.
8) Varsity Girls Lacrosse Team Advances to District Final Four
The McKinney High School varsity girls lacrosse team scored their way into the District Final Four with a win Saturday over Colleyville. Read More.
9) Varsity Boys Lacrosse Wins District Quarterfinals against Hillcrest
The MHS Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse team advances to the DII District Semifinals with a 15-8 win Tuesday night over Hillcrest High School in Dallas. Read More.
10) North’s Hart Hopes to Make It a Three-Peat in Tennis State Tournament
To the layman, tennis may appear to be a mediocre sport comprised of intellectuals flaunting collared shirts, striking a ball aimlessly back and fourth while lacking the tenacity of the generic athlete. Read More.
11) Softball Playoffs: North’s Comeback Effort Falls Short, Lose Bi-District Round Series to Sulphur Springs
After a 9-0 loss in game one at Sulphur Springs on Friday night, the McKinney North Lady Bulldogs were hoping to rebound and even up the UIL Softball bi-district series at one game apiece. Read More.
12) Baseball Scoreboard: North Shuts Out Denison 1-0, Clinches District 13-4A Title
McKinney North finished off an impressive District 13-4A campaign, shutting out Denison 1-0 on the road to clinch the district title. The Bulldogs finished 13-1 in 13-4A and 24-1 overall in the regular season. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.