By Bryan Criswell, TSB Staff
High School Hallways – Week of March 4th
High School Hallways is brief weekly digest of happenings in McKinney area high schools.
1) MISD Encourages Parents to Attend Bullying Prevention Event
McKinney ISD is encouraging all parents with children in McKinney’s schools to attend an event aimed at educating parents on the effects of bullying. On Monday, March 4, McKinney ISD will host an event titled,” And Words & Actions Can Hurt Forever – What Every Parent Needs to Know about Bullying.” Read More.
2) Torchmark’s Word Nerds Crowned Champions at MEF’s Annual Spelling Bee; MISD Well Represented
Since the McKinney Education Foundation reintroduced their Spelling Bee for Scholarships three years ago, competitors have learned that the title of “Spelling Bee Champ” is not the only award to be won at the annual event. Winning the Spelling Bee “Spirit Stick,” designed by MEF’s Emeritus Trustee, Pam Sexton, is just as prestigious. Read More.
3) Message From Ken Paxton: Providing Career Education and Job Training Opportunities for Texas High School Students
Current law provides for three public high school graduation plans: minimum, recommended, and distinguished. All students are required to satisfy four credits each in English language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. To opt out of this default program, students and their parents must sign a permission form. Read More.
4) Softball Scoreboard: Local Scores From Friday’s Action at the McKinney/McKinney Boyd Tournament
The McKinney/McKinney Boyd Tournament continued on Friday, click here for the scores from the Lionettes and Lady Broncos squads.
5) Baseball Scoreboard: Friday’s Tournament Results From Around MISD
Tournament play continued around town for all three baseball programs in MISD. Click here for the scores from Friday’s action on the diamond.
6) Soccer Scoreboard: MHS, North Sweep District Opponents; Boyd Boys Top Plano West
As all six MISD soccer programs head into the second half of district play, click here for the scores form Friday night’s action on the pitch.
7) McKinney Boyd’s Minor Wins State Wrestling Championship in 106-Pound Class; North’s Quarterman Fifth in 145
McKinney celebrated a new state champion and a top-five state finisher on Saturday afternoon at the UIL State Wrestling Championships. Read More.
8) Boys Basketball Playoffs: `Undersized and Outmanned’ Dawgs Make Craft Proud in Season-Ending Loss to Dallas Kimball
If you chose a winner based on the “eye test,” there would not be a debate on which basketball team you’d choose. Read More.
9) Girls Golf: Bulldogs’ Gray Shoots Career-Best in Second JV Tournament of the Year
The McKinney North Lady Bulldog JV golf team participated in its second tournament of the Spring season yesterday at Oak Hollow in McKinney. Read More.
10) McKinney North Players Named 2013 TSB Basketball MVPs; All-McKinney Teams Announced
McKinney North’s boys and girls basketball programs have combined for quite an impressive season on the hardwood. Read More.
11) Girls Basketball Playoffs: MCA Riding 13-Game Win Streak Into TAPPS Elite Eight
McKinney Christian Academy is preparing to meet Lubbock Christian School on Tuesday night in Abilene for the TAPPS Girls Basketball State Quarterfinals. Read More.
Would you like to be featured in High School Hallways? Just send us an email.