Place 4, currently held by Anne McCausland, and Place 5, currently held by Debbie Gillespie, are up for election this year.
The School Board is also considering a $758 million bond package proposed by a committee of Frisco ISD parents and community members. The board will decide February 10 whether to put a bond package on the May ballot.
Applications to run for School Board are available at the Frisco ISD Administration Building, 5515 Ohio Drive, Frisco, TX, 75035, in the office of Beverly Brunson, filing officer.
Please see the election timeline below:
- Wednesday, January 29 – First Day to File for Place on Board of Trustees Ballot
- Friday, February 28 at 5 p.m. – Last Day to File for Place on Board of Trustees Ballot
- Tuesday, March 11 – First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
- Thursday, April 10 – Last Day to Register to Vote
- Monday, April 28 – First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- Thursday, May 1 – Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- Tuesday, May 6 – Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- Saturday, May 10 – Election Day; Last Day to Receive Ballot by Mail (7 p.m. unless overseas deadline applies)
Story submitted by Meghan Youker, Frisco ISD