Students and staff at Evans Middle School in McKinney have returned to their classrooms this morning after a fire alarm caused a precuationary evacuation.
An air conditioning fan motor in the orchestra room created smoke causing the fire alarm system to trigger. All students and staff were evacuated as a precautionary measure. The fire department has addressed the cause of the smoke and are about to give clearance for all staff and students to return to the building. There is no reason for concern, but MISD wanted to let families know as quickly as possible.