By TSB Staff
Courtesy of our friends at the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, here is a list of the best entertainment McKinney has to offer this week.
Grape Crush (July 28-29) From noon – 6:30pm Wales Manor will be crushing 44,000lbs. of Collin County wine grapes from three vinyards. See the Crush and get a free tour of the winery! Wine tastings in the tasting room are $5 per person. We will also be providing free barrel tastings for those who purchase a Tasting Room tasting. Bring a picnic basket or purchase pizza from our wood burning pizza oven. Sorry, there will be no live music this weekend; the sound of the crushing equipment would interfere! Located at 4488 County Road 408; 972-542-0417.
Grisham Farms Open Barn (July 28) Join the folks at Grisham Farms for their Spring Open Barn. This is a date (and we’re doing this again on August 1) when you can bring your family and friends to feed and learn about our farm and small exotic animals. Reservations are required at 214-544-7255 or via email to email@example.com to reserve your space. Admission is $5 per person (plus tax). Open from 10 a.m.-noon; located at 4546 County Road 408 (next to Wales Manor Vineyard & Winery).
ART GALLERY EXHIBITS
The following artists have work on display in our downtown galleries through Aug.8.
- The Garret Gallery: Tom Hands; 111 E. Virginia; 972-548-9361.
- Laura Moore Fine Art: Virgil Lampton’s “Ambulation”; 107 S. Tennessee, 214-914-3630.
- Orisons Art & Framing: Kiki Curry. 110 E. Louisiana, 972-529-1441.
NIGHT LIFE & MUSIC
- Cadillac Pizza Pub: Open Mic Night (Thur.); Quinten Hope (pictured, Fri.); Mike Morgan Band (Sat.); Churchill’s: Psychic Night (Thur.)
- Hank’s: Cody Shaw & the Rhythm Boys (Thur); Tejas Brothers (Fri.); Brandon Rhyder (Sat.)
- Grand/Rick’s: Lynne Cadena (Thur.); Tyla Taylor (Fri.); John Griffin (Sat.)
- Grotto: Get Buzzed (Thur.); The Revolvers (Fri.); Leah Marr (Sat.)
- Landon Winery: Ryli Dylan (Fri.); Steve Duncan (Sat.)
- Lone Star Wine Cellars: Bill Haden on sax (Fri.); Daniel Whittington (Sat.)
- Spoons Cafe: Open Mic (Thur.); Live Music (Fri.-Sat)
Check Out This Summer Special
The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary issues this weekday admission special for use through August. You will need to print the coupon to use it. Each coupon is good for up to 6 guests.
Animal Superheroes & Butterfly Garden/House at Heard Natural Science Museum, 972-562-5566.
THURSDAY JULY 26
Adriatica Farmers Market 3-7 p.m. 6851 Virginia. 972-562-8790.
FRIDAY JULY 27
Fourth Friday Drum Circle in Mitchell Park, 7-10 p.m. Free.
SATURDAY JULY 28
Weekly Group Bike Ride: Leaves Cadence Cyclery in downtown McKinney at 7:20 a.m. on Saturdays.
Farmers Market at Chestnut Square: 8 a.m. to noon, 315 S. Chestnut.
Drum Circle:.10 a.m., Old Settlers Rec. Center, 1201 E. Louisiana. 214-641-0782.
Franconia Brewing Tour: 11 a.m.; $5 per person for tour/tastings. 495 McKinney Pkwy.; 972-542-0705.
Sprinkler Smarts Seminar: By the City of McKinney. in Craig Ranch at 7850 Collin McKinney Pkwy., Free; pre-register
SAT – SUN (July 28-29)
Princeton FFA Show: Myers Park, 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
To contact the McKinney convention and Vistiors Bureau, call 214-544-1407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit online at VisitMcKinney.com.
Still looking for something to do? Be sure to check out the TownSquareBuzz.com Community Calendar. While you’re at it, feel free to add your event to the mix.