Submitted by McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau
Courtesy of our friends at the McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, here is a list of all sorts of fun things to do this weekend:
Aladdin Jr. (July 20-22) McKinney Repertory Theatre’s Broadway Bound Camp brings Disney’s “Aladdin Jr.” to the Courtroom Theatre stage at the McKinney Performing Arts Center. This adaptation of the Disney hit film is filled with magic, mayhem, and flying carpet rides. Shows are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. tickets are $7 HERE
Christmas in July 5K/Fun Run (July 21) Help raise awareness and contribute to community support during the summer months. Enjoy free snowcones, a great course, and a great cause (Collin County Committee on Aging and Meals on Wheels). Race starts at Stonebridge United Methodist Church, 1800 S. Stonebridge Dr. at 7 a.m. (fun run) with the 5K at 7:20 a.m. Registrants should bring five cans of food for the McKinney Food Pantry. Register online HERE
ART GALLERY EXHIBITS
The following artists opened new exhibits during Second Saturday last weekend. See their work at these galleries through Aug. 8.
- The Garret Gallery: Tom Hands; 111 E. Virginia; 972-548-9361.
- Laura Moore Fine Art: Virgil Lampton’s “Ambulation” (pictured); 107 S. Tennessee, 214-914-3630.
- Orisons Art & Framing: Kiki Curry. 110 E. Louisiana, 972-529-1441.
NIGHT LIFE & MUSIC
- Cadillac Pizza Pub: Open Mic Night (Thur.); Buster Brown Band (Fri.); Broek Code (Sat.)
- Churchill’s: Psychic Night (Thur.)
- Hank’s: Chris Rivers Band (Thur); Brandon Jenkins (Fri.); Bleu Edmondson (Sat.)
- Grand/Rick’s: Sidney Thompson (thur.); Nick & the Nighthawks (Fri.); Buzz Andrews (Sat.)
- Grotto: Jam Session (Thur.); Wave (Fri.:; Missing 3 (Sat.)
- Landon Winery: JR Boyd (Fri.); Duane Bates (Sat.)
- Lone Star Wine Cellars: Aaron Burton (Fri.); Steve Rose (Sat.)
- Spoons Cafe: Open Mic (Thur.); Live Music (Fri.-Sat.)
Check Out This Summer Special
The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary issues this weekday admission special for use through August. You will need to print the coupon to use it. Each coupon is good for up to 6 guests.
Animal Superheroes: Heard Natural Science Museum, 972-562-5566.
Butterfly Garden/House: Be immersed among native Texas fluttering butterflies. At the Heard through 9/30.
THURSDAY, JULY 19
Adriatica Farmers Market: 3-7 p.m. 6851 Virginia, 972-562-8790.
SATURDAY, JULY 21
Weekly Group Bike Ride: Leaves Cadence Cyclery in downtown McKinney at 7:20 a.m. on Saturdays.
Farmers Market at Chestnut Square: 8 a.m. to noon, 315 S. Chestnut.
Drum Circle: 10 a.m., Old Settlers Rec. Center, 1201 E. Louisiana. 214-641-0782.
Franconia Brewing Tour: 11 a.m.; $5 per person for tour/tastings, 495 McKinney Pkwy.; 972-542-0705.
To contact the McKinney convention and Vistiors Bureau, call 214-544-1407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit online at VisitMcKinney.com.
Still looking for something to do? Be sure to check out the TownSquareBuzz.com Community Calendar. While you’re at it, feel free to add your event to the mix.