The arrival of spring conjures up thoughts of spring foods, one of which is the vivd green sugar snap pea. Low in fat, sugar and calories, peas are a good source of vitamins C and K. Tasty, easy, and nutritious, this recipe should become a favorite in your recipe file.
Mint Sugar Snap Peas (4 one half cup servings)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, strings removed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
2. Wash sugar snap peas and remove strings.
3. Heat skillet to medium-high heat; add olive oil.
4. Add the snap peas to the skillet and sauté until just tender (about 8-10 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in mint.
6. Drizzle lemon juice on top. Toss lightly.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.