This easy, and delicious family friendly dish is packed with nutrients for good health. Serve it up for your family for dinner tonight.
Cheese Broccoli Ranch Mashed Potatoes
3 medium potatoes
3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
6 tablespoons low-fat ranch dressing
3/4 cup low-fat milk
salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash your hands and clean your cooking area.
2. Scrub potatoes.
3. Place whole potatoes in a large microwave-safe bowl.
4. Add frozen broccoli on top.
5. Completely cover bowl with a microwave-safe plate.
6. Microwave 12 minutes on high (or until potatoes are tender).
7. Use a towel or oven safe gloves to carefully take off plate and remove bowl from microwave. (Use extra caution to avoid steam.)
8. Use potato masher to break up potatoes and broccoli.
9. Stir in cheese, ranch dressing and milk.
10. Taste and then add salt and pepper as needed.
11. As an option you can top the potato mixture with sprinkled cheese.
Recipe courtesy of
Carrie T. Brazeal, CFCS
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
825 N. McDonald, Suite 150
McKinney, TX 75069
972.424.1460, Ext. 4233