By Brian Bearden, TSB Contributor
Representatives of the McKinney ISD trustees and the City Council are meeting at the Collin College Higher Education Center at 5:30 p.m. Monday, April 30 to discuss ways the school district and city can work together.
The meeting will be at the college building where the tollway and U.S. 75 cross paths at 3452 Spur 399 in Room 135.
Up for discussion: Potential partnerships, intergovernmental relations and joint use of facilities.
Council work session: At 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, the council will be briefed on the McKinney Economic Development Corporation, McKinney Convention and Visitors Bureau, McKinney Performing Arts Center and McKinney Main Street and the CIP Program.
Council meeting: In the council chambers at 222 North Tennessee Street, elected officials will be hearing about or discussing:
* National Night Out
* Bonnie Wenk Park
* Intersection capacity along Eldorado and along Virginia
* Funding Ridge Road
* Completing a 380 water main
* Summer school zone hours
* Materials testing by Kleinfelder regarding the Tennis Center
* Board appointments to the North Texas Municipal Water District and McKinney Armed Services Memorial Board
* Modifying specific use permit for private clubs
* Dawgs n Hawgs permits, probation and non-complicance issues
On Facebook, Dawgs n Hawgs has asked for help: “OK everyone we have another city council meeting Tuesday @ 6 pm. … 222 North Tennessee Street. … Please come and support us. The council will vote to see if we stay open. … We need all the bikers we can get. … Thanks for your support.”
* Digital billboard: A request by Doug Parker on approval to rezone 0.33 Acres from “BN” – Neighborhood Business District and “CC” – Corridor Commercial Overlay District to “PD” – Planned Development District and “CC” – Corridor Commercial Overlay District. This request is for a digital billboard on the southeast corner of Rockhill Road and U.S. 75.
* Samaritan Inn request by January Consultants, Inc. for an alley abandonment (Millie Muse Addition, 0.63 Acres, near Tennessee Street and University Drive (U.S. 380).
* Collin County Airport Development Corporation articles of incorporation
* Eminent Domain for (1) the construction of a portion of Virginia Parkway east of Rose Garden Estates then west past Independence Parkway; 2. Construction of a portion of future Independence Parkway north of Virginia Parkway and utilities; 3. Construction of utility lines on south side of University Drive from Custer Road to Coit Road and south of U.S. 380 along the west side of the creek adjacent to the future Independence Parkway.
The Historic Preservation Advisory board meets at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, May 3 in the city council chambers to go over the Historic Home Restoration Program.
Your views: Take a minute to weigh in on your hometown here or on the TownSquareBuzz Facebook page.