By Christine Baker, TSB Staff
Father’s Day is coming up fast, as June 16 will be here before you know it. And unlike women, men seem particularly difficult to shop for. If you’re stumped and looking for a unique and local gift idea for dad, here are TSB’s top-10 gift ideas for Father’s Day this year.
1. Kitchen/ Grilling Supplies. Do you have a dad that loves to cook or grill? Well, our very own downtown McKinney has a store, Artisanal, that can help you find what you’re looking for. Located across from The Pantry, Artisanal is a great spot for new and trendy food items and kitchenware.
2. Top Golf. If your dad loves to golf, or even if he doesn’t, Top Golf is a premier golf entertainment complex that can be fun for everyone. Located in Allen, you can purchase one of their Father’s day Gift cards to enjoy their delectable food, a game of golf and maybe a round of beers.
3. Grooming. To keep things nice and simple, take dad to one of the best barbershops in town, Palace Barber Shop, located in downtown McKinney. This location has been a barber since the 1800s and is a true old fashioned barber shop that can give your dad that authentic hair cut he’s been looking for.
4. Brookstone. If your dad needs some new appliances or electronics check out Groupon for a $25 for $50 worth on Father’s Day gifts in the store. Brookstone is located nearby in Stonebriar Centre in Frisco. Get dad an outdoor wireless speaker and dock, dual-node cordless percussion massager or even a Bluetooth keyboard pro with a leather case.
5. DFW Father’s Day Brunch. Everyone loves to eat, so why not get some brunch at some popular restaurants in the DFW area. Restaurants everywhere have Father’s Day deals that can make everyone happy. Even places such as Bonnie Ruth’s Café, Buca di Beppo, Central 214, Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse and many more.
6. Custom Framing. Is your dad into sports? I mean, really into sports? Well, now you can get his shirts and other memorabilia framed for 69 percent off with a Groupon code at CSD Sports Framing & Memorabilia, an online shop.
7. Tools. As a staple item every dad needs a good and sturdy set of tools for all of their projects and around the house. Stop by McKinney’s Groom & Sons’ for tools, paint supplies, hardware and industrial supplies.
8. Watch. Every man needs a nice watch, so you might as well take advantage of this opportunity to get your dad the nicest one at a reasonable price. On the iPhone app called Jack Threads, you can find name-brand watches for a fraction of the price of retail stores. Inventory changes daily so make sure to hurry and get yours.
9. Wallet. After a while of wear and tear wallets start to fall apart and look old. Treat your dad to a nice leather wallet of his choice from Kohl’s with their 15 percent off Father’s Day promo code (LOVE4DAD) until June 12.
10. Workout Necessities. If your dad is the athletic type stop by the Allen Outlet Mall at Adidas and enjoy their Father’s Day sale of 20 percent off Men’s Products and accessories May 28- June 27. Maybe its time for some new sneakers or workout shorts?