Submitted by Curtis Rath, TSB contributor
Written as a retort for “Angie Bado: If I Were Mitt Romneys Campaign Manager“
We may live in a Red State, but our MSM (Mainstream Media) is dominated by Blue.
The media serves a vital service in the checks and balances of the political system in the United States. To put it bluntly, it is the job of politicians to lie and it is the job of the media to catch them and expose them to the voters. Historically, the media in this country has tried, or at least pretended, to be “objective” and “balanced.”
This balance has degraded to the point that, currently, most members of the media have become de facto campaign surrogates for our President, Barack Obama.
This fact was exposed at the first presidential debate, where Mitt Romney revealed the “real” Obama. Not the Obama created by his handlers and the media.
Mainstream media personalities were stunned and dismayed at Obama’s performance describing it as “terrible,” “political malpractice” and “Obama made a lot of great points tonight. Unfortunately, most of them were for Romney.”
Obama handlers needed a scapegoat and attacked Jim Lehrer, the moderators for allowing “Mitt Romney for control the debate” and the buffoonish Al Gore blamed the thin Denver air.
Note to Stephanie Cutter, Obama’s deputy campaign manager, Obama had the floor for 4 more minutes than Romney. If Romney ran the show, why did he let your bossfilibuster?
Obama’s performance should not be shock. We have not seen the real Obama for a couple of years. The only time he has been seen in public, he is accompanied by a protective coccoon with teleprompters loaded with speeches, written and cleared by his handlers, Michele Obama and Valerie Jarrett. If he takes questions, they come from Obama friendly reporters.
No one gets to Barack without going through them.
Not even Oprah.
As a consequence, Barack has not been challenged or questioned in any form or fashion. He has sat back to enjoy the accolades from his legions of admirers to admire his Nobel Peace Prize, without the annoyance of questions from pesky reporters from FoxNews or Republicans.
The poor guy is gone soft. He needs to get down from fantasy land and back to reality.
As your campaign chairman, I would offer the following advice:
10. Your coronation, er, inauguration was a historic event for all Americans. And you set some pretty high expectations:
And we had high expectations of you:
Let’s face facts, promising us the same stuff in 2012, that you promised us in 2008 and didn’t deliver, ain’t gonna hack it.
9. You really blew it with the Fast and Furious, so own it. If you and Eric Holder never discussed it and neither of you knew anything about it, why did you invoke Executive Privilege? What are you hiding? Are you afraid that you will be exposed for setting up some nutty scheme to take away our 2nd Amendment rights? What part of “right of the people to keep and bear Arms” do you not understand?
Your administration oversaw a program that facilitated the sales of guns to Mexican drug lords. Criminals used those weapons to kill 14 young people at a birthday party in Mexico. I realize that you probably didn’t hear about this in the newspapers or the TV shows that you watch. It tookUnivision to expose the truth of the scandal.
You owe the Mexican and American people an explanation.
Stop hiding behind Valerie Jarrett’s skirt and tell the truth!
8. Bravely address the fact that you lied about Taxes. You stated during the 2008 campaign that “no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increases. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
Well, it took you a whole 16 days into your presidency to renege on this pledge, by raising the tax on people who smoke cigarettes. This tax puts an unnecessary financial burden on low-income smokers and it doesn’t make them any more likely to quit. Smoking is a nasty habit, but some people enjoy it and they should have the right to enjoy it, without being punished by your tax policy.
And please make up your mind:
- Obama Admits His Tax Hikes Would Hurt The Economy
- Obama vows to veto full Bush tax cut extension
- Obama to Push Bush Tax Cut Extension for Middle Class
And please don’t forget that you emplemented the the biggest tax increase in history, Obamacare.
7. Go back to the drawing board on Obamacare!
Work with the Republicans in Congress to put together a plan that is good for the American people instead of a 13,000 page mess of new federal regulations cobbled together by Democrat party interest groups.
Here is Obamacare summed up in one sentence.
You haveignored our bad economy for two years, while forcing through Obamacare without one Republican voting for the plan. You had decided that you didn’t want or need their input. Just a suggestion , but responding to Republicans with “I won” is not the way to start a meaningful dialog.
Stop the offensive ads that are insulting the American people!
This ad features a Paul Ryan lookalike pushing Grandma in a wheelchair over a cliff . Really? Do you think that all Americans are stupid?
The truth is that you are the one would will cut millions from Medicare.
6. Wake Up! Islamic radicals are still trying to kill us!
Instituting political correctness, such as calling the Ft Hood attack “Workplace Violence” is insulting to our military personnel. I’ve got news for you and Janet Napolitano, Major Nidal Hassan is a terrorist, not a disgruntled worker. If you need a volunteer to shave the bastard, let me know, I will volunteer.
5. Own up to the fact that your energy policy is a joke and will result in“skyrocketing”food and fuel costs.
These policies place an unnecessary burden on seniors on fixed incomes and the working poor. People that you claim to care about.
Drop your foolish Cap and Tradescheme.
End your effort to bankrupt the coal industry. Do you think that the American people want high energy costs and rolling blackouts. Do you want us to become North Korea?
Stop subsidizing your political allies and their risky “Green” energy initiatives like Solyndra.
Get the EPA off the backs of Texas energy processors
4. Knock off your phony “War on Women” attack on Republicans and return Bill Maher’s million dollar campaign contribution. Maher is a pig, who receives Hollywood accolades and millions from HBO, because of his politics.
This is a clip of Maher talking about women. Watch at your own risk, it is extremely graphic and offensive.
3. Budget? Where is your leadership on the budget?
All of us, have to deal with a budget and during your administration, this has become much tougher.
All of us, except for you!
You and Congress have not passed a budget since April 29, 2009 and during that time you have rung up “$10.4 trillion and accumulated $4.5 trillion in debt, an amount that equals $13,000 in new debt for every individual American and $34,000 per family.”
Now, you are telling us that you have great plans and to give you another shot.
2. Be a man and suck it up.Quit blaming others, when your policies fail. In 2009, you said “If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s gonna be a one-term proposition.”
Well, Barack, if you don’t learn from your failures, the American people will fulfill your prediction.
1. Tell us the truth! You promised us Hope and Change, in 2008, and you blew it.
You said that “I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth.”
Have any of those things happened?
Have you accepted any responsibility, when your policies have failed?
Have you have learned from your errors?
Please tell us that you have learned from your mistakes and can change and be the Obama that we used to know.