The City of McKinney announces the availability of grant funding for eligible non-profit agencies and community organizations serving residents of McKinney. The Community Support Grant (CSG) allows the flexibility to apply for funding under the following priority of needs based on service impacts to the community, duplication of services from other agencies, other sources of agency funding and presentation critique:
- Disaster aid: Relief to victims of disaster and to help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies
- Basic needs: Food and clothing
- Housing/Shelter: Non-financial assistance
- Health and medical treatment: Includes mental health
- Housing: Financial assistance
- Transportation: Sole service being provided
- Recreation and athletics/sports
The application and instructions are available on the city website, www.mckinneytexas.org in the Community Development Department section.
The Community Grants Advisory Commission (CGAC) will review all applications and make recommendations to City Council for approval. Applications must be received no later than Monday, Oct. 28 at 4:00 p.m. Please submit applications to City of McKinney, Housing and Community Development Department, 314 S. Chestnut, Ste. # 101, McKinney.
Story submitted by Anna Clark