The City of McKinney announces the availability of FY 2015-16 funding under the Community Support Grant (CSG) program for eligible non-profit agencies and community organizations that serve residents of McKinney.
A pre-application meeting will be conducted at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7 at McKinney City Council Chambers, 222 N. Tennessee St. Housing and Community Development staff will explain the online application process and answer questions from attendees. The online application and instructions are available on the city’s website. Applications must be received online by 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2.
The CSG program allows the flexibility to apply for funding under the following priority of needs:
- Disaster aid: relief to victims of disaster and to help prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies
- Basic needs: food and clothing
- Housing/Shelter: non-financial assistance
- Health and medical treatment, including mental health
- Housing: financial assistance
- Transportation: the sole service being provided
- Recreation and athletics/sports
Grant funding is awarded based on service impacts to the community, non-duplication of services with other agencies, other sources of agency funding and presentation critique.
For more information, contact Will Honea, Community Services Coordinator, at 972-547-7517.
City of McKinney Press Release