The McKinney Performing Arts Center (MPAC) and TownSquareBuzz.com invite area vocalists to compete in the first McKinney Mash Up event. Finalists will enter to win cash prizes and the chance to open up before Taylor Hicks on Sept. 17, 2011.
We’ll announce the details about the competition in late June but we encourage you to start preparing your video entry now. Competition finalists will be selected by the community and fans through online voting.
If you know a talented singer or group of singers, please don’t hesitate to let them know about the contest. Be on the look out for additional announcements in the coming weeks! In the meantime, sing-on!
- The McKinney Mash Up will allow performers to compete in two categories: Solo and Group Performers.
- Beginning July 1, performers that wish to compete must submit their audition video online. This website will be announced in the next few weeks – Check back at TownSquareBuzz.com and MPAC in June.
- The audition video cannot exceed two minutes in length.
- Video performances must be performed a capella or with accompanying pre-recorded music.
- Group video performances must consist of at least 2 performers and not exceed 10 performers.
- Group performances can include song and dance numbers with their vocals.
- Entrants who advance to the preliminary round agree to use MPAC’s sound system.
- Lip synced performances will be disqualified.
July 1 – August 14: Entry Period
Videos submitted to contest website.
July 1 – August 29: Online Voting Period
Entrants will be selected to advance the preliminary performance round based on the most votes received. No more than 10 performances from each category will advance. (10 Solo Performers and 10 group Performers.)
September 5: Contestant Notification
Solo and Group Performers notified about participation in preliminaries.
September 10: Preliminary Performance Round and Final Round
Group Performance preliminaries to be held at 1pm in MPAC’s Courtroom Theater. Finalists selected. The public is encouraged to attend.
Solo Performance preliminaries at 4pm in MPAC’s Courtroom Theater. Finalists selected. The public is encouraged to attend.
Finalists from both categories compete at 8pm in MPAC’s Courtroom Theater. Winners selected from each category.
September 17: Opening Act for Taylor Hicks
Solo Performer winners and Group Performers winners perform with Taylor Hicks in the Courtroom Theater.