American soprano Elizabeth Racheva (pictured) joins the Allen Philharmonic Orchestra and Symphony Chorus in its Holiday Fantastique performance of John Rutter’s Magnificat on Friday, Dec. 16 at 8:00 p.m at Allen High School.
Equally at home on the opera and concert stages, dynamic soprano Racheva has been hailed as “a great storyteller” (The Dallas Morning News) offering “bright, well-focused tone, exemplary diction and persuasive acting” (The Baltimore Sun). Racheva has been praised for her luminous presence, risk-taking performances, and sensitive vocalism. An engaging performer in opera and concert settings, the North Carolina native has appeared with companies such as Baltimore Opera, Berkshire Opera, Greensboro Opera, and Opera Vivente in a variety of roles showcasing her gifts as both a comedic and dramatic singing actress.
The Allen Philharmonic also welcomes the Allen District Honor Choir, an auditioned choir of 5th and 6th grade students, representing every elementary school in the Allen ISD to perform with the orchestra. The evening would not be complete without a surprise guest conductor and a special Christmas story narrated by Carl Johnson.
Holiday Fantastique Concert Program Order
- Festival Fanfare for Christmas, John Wasson
- I Saw Three Ships, John Rutter, Allen District Honor Choir
- Christmas Song from Folk Songs of the Four Seasons, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Allen District Honor Choir
- Wassail Song from Folk Songs of the Four Seasons, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Allen District Honor Choir
- Maria Wiegenlied, Max Reger. Elizabeth Racheva, soprano soloist
- Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night), Adolphe Adam. Elizabeth Racheva, soprano soloist, with Allen Symphony Chorus
- Christmas Sing-A-Long, Bob Cerulli – Audience and chorus sing-a-long
- Joy to the World (2 verses)
- O Come All Ye Faithful (2 verses)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (1 verse)
- Silent Night, Holy Night (2 verses)
- Sleigh Ride, Leroy Anderson with mystery conductor
- The Polar Express, Alan Silvestri & Glenn Ballard , narration by Carl Johnson
- Magnificat, John Rutter. Elizabeth Racheva, soprano soloist, with Allen Symphony Chorus
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Arthur Harris. Allen District Honor Choir and Allen Symphony Chorus