A Fresh New TownSquareBuzz.com Is On It’s Way
A Fresh New TownSquareBuzz.com Is On It's Way
We here at TownSquareBuzz are excited to launch the next version of TSB in the coming days. Don’t panic if the site looks a little different the next time you visit. We’re refreshing the look and enhancing some features. At the core, we’re still the same community website – the first and only website in North Texas that is citizen driven.
We want to thank many of you who have provided us with great feedback since our launch in January 2011. We have listened and are pleased to announce the following changes:
- A new look and feel for the homepage – We’ve made it easier for you to switch back and forth between most recent stories and most popular stories under “Something to Buzz About”
- In the spirit of a true community website, we’ve added a poll feature that will update weekly, if not daily, to get the buzz on hot button issues in and around North Texas.
- Look for our photo gallery on the homepage, where you can peruse and purchase photos. Are we ready for fall sports or what?!
- Look for our featured video section on the homepage
- For those of you who are ready to write stories and post pictures and videos, we’ve streamlined the “publishing” process. It will soon be easier than ever to share your story. You can write about sports, politics, government, education, travel, local eateries, music, fashion and more. When you click the “publish” button, our editors will review the content and then place it on our homepage and relevent sections of the site within 24 hours.
- Our event calendar is in full force. Any registered user can post details of events and happenings in your neck of the woods. Have a garage sale, block party or fund-raiser coming up? Add it to the calendar!
Thank you, dear readers and contributors, for all your support these last few months. You’ve been champions in spreading the word. Our readership has grown over 50 percent since January. We’ve had over 100 readers write and post hundreds of stories through text, photos and videos.
We believe each of you has a story to tell. Won’t you join the conversation?