By Market With Mario
When we are marketing ourselves and our businesses, it is important to hit our potential clients from every angle. One of the best ways to connect with our customers is through video because people get to actually see and hear us. As a business owner, managing a YouTube channel is vital in today’s social media marketplace. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Cost Effective: Everyone is watching their marketing budgets closely today. It is FREE to have a YouTube channel and relatively easy to create quality videos in a short amount of time. You can be up and running and posting videos in a matter of minutes without spending a dime.
2. More Exposure: According to Alexa.com, YouTube is the 3rd most visited website in the United States behind Google (1) and Facebook (2). With over 1 billion users, this gives you a chance to get your message out to the masses. Commenting on other videos while logged into YouTube also allows you to be seen by several people.
3. Google Ranking: Having a YouTube channel and posting videos will help your Google ranking. After all, Google runs YouTube so it’s a good idea to be part of anything that they promote. Helpful hint: Fill out your YouTube profile and include links back to your site. These are very valuable for your seo (search engine optimization). Also, be sure to include a link to your site in the description portion of your videos.
4. Personal Connection: It is great when people read our blogs and content and get a feel for us. Video just takes that connection to a new level because people get to put a face and a voice with the words. This will give your potential customers to get a better understanding of who you are and what you represent. Voice over videos are good for “how to’s” and for those that are not comfortable being on camera. Posting videos on YouTube will also give you a chance to showcase your past projects or events/products that you are trying to promote: Ex: A realtor posting a video of an actual listing in the area.
5. Enhances your website: The more ways that we can connect with people on our website the better our conversions will be. Some people are readers, some like to look at pictures, and some would prefer that a video told them the story. Your website improves when it is more diverse so adding video to it will only help in the overall user experience. Suggestion: Do not have your video automatically start when a user reaches your site. This may have people quickly leave your website if they are at work or a setting where noise or talking would not be appropriate.
In marketing, it is key to spread your message in as many different ways as possible. By connecting with people through YouTube videos, you can get your brand out to the masses and they can get to know you a little better since they can see and hear you. Please share this with anyone you think it might help and have a wonderful day! Also, comments are appreciated.
In-Person Social Media Training For The Self Employed