Getting started in the beauty industry is an exciting time for a young professional. There are so many things to consider after becoming licensed. One of which is where to will operate their business. This is an important decision as it’s difficult and dangerous to work from home and most new stylists cannot just purchase their very own salon. Getting hired by an existing salon is an option as well, but more and more people are deciding to rent salon space instead. Here are 11 reasons why:
• Using the space as your own private salon: It can be difficult to have privacy in a home or non-dedicated space. Renting salon space allows a stylist to have their own space in which to operate.
• Being surrounded by like-minded professionals in the cosmetology world: Being around other stylists allows our tenants to bounce ideas off of each other and grow together.
• Create your own work schedule and set your own hours. Working for a popular salon can be a great opportunity, but wouldn’t it be better to set your own schedule and hours and work when YOU want to work?
• Decorate your own studio however you like. (You can even paint it!) When you have your own space, you can add your style and truly make it yours! Our stylist LOVE this feature!
• You are in charge of your own business — no shady salon politics. Most stylists and estheticians that have worked in a salon have dealt with their share of “office politics”. That doesn’t exist when the stylist has their own business.
• A great mix of beauty professionals who foster referrals: Renting salon space in a setting where there are other beauticians is a great referral opportunity. Ex: A nail stylist can refer someone to a hair stylist (and vice versa) and the client doesn’t even have to leave the location!
• You keep 100% of your income! Obviously this is one of our tenant’s favorite benefits. No profit sharing or tip pools. You keep what you make.
• Access to your suite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: The beauty industry is all about catering to our clients. When a stylist has their own space, they always have availability so they never have to say no to an appointment due to lack of access.
• Competitive suite rental costs: Purchasing a salon on their own can be overwhelming for a new stylist. Renting allows them to keep their overhead low so they can make more of a profit.
• No salon owner demands: There’s nothing wrong with having a boss or an owner to please, but our tenants enjoy the freedom of being their own boss.
• Establish your own business identity: Having a dedicated salon space allows a stylist or esthetician the benefit of having their own business address instead of using a home address. This provides the stylist with more credibility.
If you or someone you know has been considering renting salon space in the Frisco area, please schedule a tour today. Click here to schedule: http://www.salonsuiterental.com/contact/
Please comment below if you have more benefits that we have may have left out. Thanks for reading!
To contact by phone or email, please contact: